TERMS OF SERVICE UPDATED 11/6/2011
"Forum" basically means a chat area, message board, or forum offered as part of http://www.freedomcardboard.com. (hereafter referred to as FCB¯). FCB's Forums are provided to give users an interesting and stimulating Forum to express their opinions and share ideas and information. If you participate in any Forum within the http://www.freedomcardboard.com site, you agree to follow our terms set forth below. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using these Forums.
You acknowledge that anything you submit to FCB by way of any Forum is routed through FCB's servers and the Internet and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online; you make such disclosures at your own risk.
Users or visitors shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages in the Forums. We are not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any Forum. You take responsibility for postings under your user name and use the information provided in the Forums at your own risk. We reserve the right to remove or edit content from any Forum at any time and for any reason although we have no duty to do so.
1. Swearing and Profanity are allowed to a certain extent, although this is a family oriented site and abuse will not be tolerated. There is a filter in place as well to help control the harsh words. Basically if its too bad to be said, the swear filter will *bleep* it. F-Bombs and some of the more extreme words used in succession may cause a short suspension.
2. Absolutely no nude photos of any kind. Again there will be people under the age of 18 and this will not be tolerated. Pictures that are distasteful will be removed at the discretion of any moderator that views your post.
3. Trades: Once a trade has been agreed upon by both parties, it is the responsibility of each member to ship the card(s) securely and safely. Bubble mailers, or some other form of padding and protection, must be used. Delivery confirmation is also a must on ANY trade, regardless of value. Insurance is optional but strongly recommended. However, this board will not be held liable; that is between you and the other party. Once you ship your end of the trade, you must also post the DC tracking # in the thread. Scans of the receipt(s) will be accepted and preferred to avoid false tracking numbers.
All trading agreements must be posted in each trading agreement forum.This includes card/card, card/paypal, card/cash, card/money order transactions. The forum moderators will review the transaction details should there be any issues that arise from the transaction.
Bad trading habits will not be tolerated what so ever. This includes sending damaged items, PWE's, not properly protecting items, backing out of deals etc.
You may not trade or sell a card that you do not currently have in your possession. If you do your account will be slapped with the "send first" icon and you will be suspended.
Failure to do any of this will result in suspensions and/or banning.
4. Do not Impersonate any moderator, administrator or other FCB members or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
5. You shall not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," and "trolling," as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.This includes "staged" fights, attacks, or trolling that has been prearranged.
6. Do Not engage in any activities that interfere with FCB Site operations. This includes trying to slow down the site with posts that may include large image, or video sizes that would intentionally disrupt the data flow for other users.
7. You shall not post any personal information of any other member or non member. This includes phone numbers, addresses, and Private Messages from the FCB PM system. This also includes completed ebay auctions. You may post a completed ebay auction, but you may not say or imply that this is what so and so bought. The ebay completed auction rule is only enforced if the offended party requests that the link be removed. Most of the time this will only lead to an edit and nothing more, however repeat offenders will be handled harshly.
8. Users under the age of 14 are welcome on FCB. However, if a user is under the age of 14, they will need to provide the administrators at FCB a parental letter of consent before joining this message board. This is in accordance with federal regulations. If the staff at FCB is notified that any member is under 14, and that said member does not have a letter of consent by their parents, the member's account will be suspended. If the member can provide a letter of consent from their parents, at that time, their account will be reinstated.
9. Signatures and avatars posted by users are editable by the moderation staff at their discretion. Please use restraint if you think an avatar or signature may be offensive to others. If you think it may cause conflict with others, it doesn't need to be used. Also note that you cannot use your avatar or signature to mock the administration staff of this website. An explanation will be provided when applicable for changes made to avatars/signatures that are deemed inappropriate for the site. File size should be considered when picking an avatar. Large animated gif images are too large, and take too long to download. Please do not use an animated gif in a signature over 512k in size.
10. One account per person. Anyone caught with two accounts for any reason shall receive a seven day suspension.
11. You are responsible for the content on sites that you post a link to. If you post a link to a site that has obscene content, then it is treated as if you posted it directly on the site.
12. User feedback: Feedback has been implemented to allow board members who trade/sell here post their experiences with other board members. If a transaction has started and been agreed to by both members, that transaction is a binding contract between them. If the transaction is broken, ie. the buyer no longer wants to purchase because they found a better deal elsewhere, proper feedback should be left letting other board members know the kind of experience to expect. There will be no feedback left unless there was a transaction. This means you can't leave a negative because someone insulted you or you don't like their personality.
When you leave feedback, please post the link from which the transaction was agreed upon. If you agreed to a trade through PM, create a thread in the proper forum with the terms and arrangements that were made. If you leave feedback without doing this, the feedback for both members will be removed.
Keep feedback clean. This is mainly meant for neutrals and negatives, but holds for all feedback left. Don't leave derogatory feedback because you are mad. A simple "backed out at last minute" will work just fine. If we find any derogatory wording or insults towards that member, you will be suspended for a minimum of one (1) day. Depending on how severe the feedback was will determine the amount of time.
If you feel someone has left you a negative feedback that you did not deserve, please email email@example.com to start an investigation. If we find in your favor that the negative was unwarranted, it will be removed.
If you do not follow these rules and still leave feedback, you will be suspended from trading here.
13. There will be no spamming of other sites done by a member of this forum. It is a classless act, and it has no place in the ethical use of this or any other message board. Suspensions will be handed out if we verify that you are spamming us on other forums. Invite your friends, just don't do it while you are on another sports card message board.
This also includes posting links to sites that are hobby related forums or contain a forum that are hobby related in nature for promotional reasons. We do not come to your site to spam, therefore there is no reason for you to come here to do the same.
14. The moderation staff may edit your avatar or signature at their discretion.
15. People on this board collect a variable range of items. From prospect cards, to vintage cards, game used material, and all sorts of other memorabilia. No one should be mocked for what they collect or how they collect it. Doing this is a detriment to the community as a whole, so please do not mock people for what they choose to collect. If you can't handle discussions about a wide array of collectibles, then move along. Anyone found attacking others in this manner will be dealt with further by the FCB staff.
16. You will be suspended if you use racial or sexual slurs targeted at another board member.
17. You will be suspended if you target another members family member when in an altercation.
In an effort to keep the message boards and the chat area safe and friendly for everyone, we have several active moderators and administrators who examine the message boards on a daily basis. In order to maintain certain standards of the website, note that your "private" messages can be accessed, and will be accessed if the administrative (not moderation) staff feels that it needs to do so to maintain the integrity of the site.
We reserve the right to remove any content posted on our site at any time for any reason. Decisions as to whether content violates any house rules/TOS will be made by FCB in its discretion after we have actual notice of such posting. We also reserve the right to remove messages, or postings that do not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Forum; in many cases, such posts will simply be moved to the appropriate forum.
We also reserve the right to comply with any order or otherwise cooperate with law enforcement officials regarding the identification of any user alleged to be using FCB Site in violation of the law.
If you do not agree to these terms, simply do not use this website.
16. Spam is allowed on FCB. That said limit spam to your signatures only. Your signature is definitely an acceptable place for spam, and it will show up every time you post for exposure. We believe this method will provide a more effective means of exposure for your auction and it will keep the boards clean. This includes ebay auctions, e-shops and trade pages.
This does not include promoting your own forums. It also does not include anything that does not comply with all of the other rules outlined in the tos. Those who do not adhere to this rule will receive either a modification of their sigs or a timeout from the site.
Those that ignore the rule over and over again just because the staff doesn't catch on right away, will likely be banned permanently from the site and the signatures may be changed to the detriment of the user.
17. Images posted, must be pg-13. Images that go beyond this (at the discretion of the staff) will receive signature modification or a time out. We would appreciate that the site will be open to those of all ages, so if you feel that the images are not appropriate to your children (or future children), please do not post them.
18. Group breakers (you get your own thread). If you plan on hosting a group break on the site make sure you understand all of the rules associated with it.
Group break rules
Chris Gilmore, on behalf of the moderation staff
Freedom Card Board.com
Re: TERMS OF SERVICE
Originally Posted by trademhigh
Unofficial rule #1 is still... Don't be a troll.
how u get ur user name changed
how u get ur user name changed and what happened to my feedback score it is zero now?
TERMS OF SERVICE UPDATED 11/6/2011