Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Difference between 1994 O-Pee-Chee Jumbo All-Star & Foil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay, so there is a 1994 O-Pee-Chee Jumbo All-Stars and then a 1994 O-Pee-Chee Jumbo All-Stars Foil version. Beckett.com describes them as:

Regular: These 5" by 7" parallel cards were included as a bonus at the bottom of every 1994 OPC box. According to published reports, approximately 2,400 of each card was produced. A foil version exists for these cards. They are currently valued the same as the regular cards.

Foil: These cards, parallel to the Jumbo All-Stars a collector received when buying a 1994 O-Pee-Chee Box were given a foil treatment. These cards were available by a collector accumulating five cards from the All-Star redemption set and sending in $20 Canadian. These cards were to be available to collectors by early October, 1994.

I've been burned buying each online from various places and still only have one version and don't even know which one I have (for Belle).

Can anyone help clear up what the difference is when looking physically at them?

Thanks!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Here are my two:

Jumbo All-Stars
1994_o_pee_chee_jumbo_all_stars_7_ryne_sandberg.jpg

Jumbo All-Stars Foil
1994_o_pee_chee_jumbo_all_stars_foil_7_ryne_sandberg.jpg

Basically, the foil treatment is in the lettering.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
What he said. I have the foils set--mostly broken up--I can check to see if I still have a Belle floating around in there if you like.

Replying to bookmark this thread and also...I need the foil version of the Bagwell if you have one.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay, I see... I've been burned twice online trying to get the "other" card but don't know which one I have lol... looks like I may have 3 foils but I'll recheck tonight.

Yes, please check to see if you have the Belle floating around. Also, let me know which it is.

Thanks guys.

-Mac

Greg Cleveland said:
What he said. I have the foils set--mostly broken up--I can check to see if I still have a Belle floating around in there if you like.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
mansgame said:
Okay, I see... I've been burned twice online trying to get the "other" card but don't know which one I have lol... looks like I may have 3 foils but I'll recheck tonight.

Yes, please check to see if you have the Belle floating around. Also, let me know which it is.

Thanks guys.

-Mac

Greg Cleveland said:

Okay, I have the foil for Belle. Pretty easy to tell side by side,but maybe if you can scan yours and we can decide for you! :lol:

Predatokj--Can't find Bagwells--yet. I'll keep looking.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Greg Cleveland said:
mansgame said:

Thanks guys.

-Mac

[quote="Greg Cleveland":2awsi3o0]What he said. I have the foils set--mostly broken up--I can check to see if I still have a Belle floating around in there if you like.

Okay, I have the foil for Belle. Pretty easy to tell side by side,but maybe if you can scan yours and we can decide for you! :lol:

Predatokj--Can't find Bagwells--yet. I'll keep looking.[/quote:2awsi3o0]

Sounds good, I will PM you tonight when I double check the 3 I have ::facepalm::

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
bobotai said:
Here are my two:

Jumbo All-Stars
1994_o_pee_chee_jumbo_all_stars_7_ryne_sandberg.jpg

Jumbo All-Stars Foil
1994_o_pee_chee_jumbo_all_stars_foil_7_ryne_sandberg.jpg

Basically, the foil treatment is in the lettering.

Thanks, I still can't tell which one I have.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks guys on all the help. Finally got the regular card after buying 2 additional Belle foil versions. And for the last poster, the difference is the script around the picture is a foil type shinny gold for the foil version. The base version is not foil/gold at all, it is a flat light gold color.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Looks like the photos from 5 years ago are gone, anybody have a good side-by-side comparison photo they can post? I believe the whole time I thought I needed a gold foil version of the Puckett, when the gold foil version is the one I actually already have. Tough to find good examples of the difference with poor quality scans and such on eBay and elsewhere. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts