Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Pinnacle Mint - SOLID SILVER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
i actually busted this a month or so ago but found a box on ebay for 15.24 delivered!

16 packs, 2 coins per:

pinnacle silver: ivan rodriguez
pinnacle gold: mark mcgwire
pinnacle mint gems: pedro
nickel coin: randy johnson
and in the very last pack
solid silver coin: tony clark.

i totally killed the odds with this so i cant complain about the player

ive now busted over 20 hobby/retail boxes of this stuff and pulled 2 solid silvers (the other being mo vaughn) and my second best coin pull would prolly be a nickel coin artist proof 1 of 250 ripken

everything was sold off minus the pedro, scan of the clark

1998pinnaclemintclark.jpg

1998pinnaclemintclarkback.jpg

MMantle

Sep 8, 2010
Great stuff! Love opening those up. I have the exact same Tony Clark. Pulled a Cal Ripken Gold Plate one from 1997 which I still have.

I'll have to see about getting one of these boxes off ebay again, fun stuff!

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
did the pack weigh anymore? I used to bust a ton of this stuff too.

I'd love to buy some boxes. A coin would look nice to my precious metals?

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
Nice break, makes me want to go pickup some older wax.

My friends and I loved the Pinnacle coins and coin cards when they were coming out. One of the first boxes (usually bought packs+singles) I ever bought was Pinnacle Mint, also bought a couple boxes of the hockey cards.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Are these solid, like "solid" silver coins? I would think they'd be worth more in their weight than almost whoever the player is.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
hive17 said:
Are these solid, like "solid" silver coins? I would think they'd be worth more in their weight than almost whoever the player is.

From the wording -- and lack of the word "clad" -- I would assume it's solid silver. At .4 ounces, it's not THAT big but still pretty cool.

Good point. I guess at $9 raw silver it's probably not that much. But if you could ever snatch a lot of these up, cheaply, it might be worth it.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
hive17 said:
A_Pharis said:
hive17 said:

From the wording -- and lack of the word "clad" -- I would assume it's solid silver. At .4 ounces, it's not THAT big but still pretty cool.

Good point. I guess at $9 raw silver it's probably not that much. But if you could ever snatch a lot of these up, cheaply, it might be worth it.

these are extremely tough pulls 1:288 Hobby and 1:960 Retail and im certain every player, including livan hernandez and jose cruz jr, would sell for over the current $9 market value for the 0.4 oz of raw silver. the clark sold for almost 30 and hes prolly the 3rd worst player in the set

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I remember these cards.Years ago a relative of mine bought some and I traded for these.Weren't there one die cut card in every pack with the coin?I can't remember what I did with the coins, but weren't these issued in those cans?There is some rookies insert in these too that are kind of nice.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I have no idea why, but I was hooked on this product when I was a kid. I bought about 5 or 6 1997 pinnacle mint hobby packs, which was a LOT since my mom almost never let me go to the card shop. I also got two boxes of the 1997 retail football and pulled a nickel silver coin of elway and a gold plated coin of scott mitchell. I believe I still have most of that stuff.

Amazing what the clark fetched. It also has some brown "toning" on it, which I guess happens to silver over time. I thought the odds of a solid silver were much tougher. I have a ripken, which I've purchased, sold and repurchased.

Members online