Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Gonzaleznut said:
I collect two players mainly and both collections qualify for this thread.

Juan Gonzalez - 3,907 unique items

http://www.juangone.com

Best player collector site on the web.

Ivan Rodriguez - 2,030 unique items

http://www.freewebs.com/gonzaleznut

My attempt at putting some of my cards online for the world to see.

I also collect other Rangers cards like Hamilton and Young.

WELCOME!!! We've talked about your collection before! You will love FCB!!!! I am glad you are here!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Just hit 1500 with this card - 2008 Prime Cuts Icons #24 Ryne Sandberg 23/25 (no scan - haven't hooked up the scanner since moving).

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
bobotai said:
Just hit 1500 with this card - 2008 Prime Cuts Icons #24 Ryne Sandberg 23/25 (no scan - haven't hooked up the scanner since moving).

Congratulations! Quite the feat!

I'm just over halfway there to joining the club. :lol:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Congrats on the 4,000. Is that just cards? I have my Henderson collection broken down into 26 categories. In my cards section, I have 2,711 different Hendersons to date.

Just checked your sig, and got my answer. That is amazing.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if sometimes its kinda easier getting a large amount of cards of a guy if he has been heavily produced. If you collect Jeter or Ripken or Griffey, they had a million cards produced. Hell...I actually have a 50 card fleer tradition set they made just for Ripken. I believe Griffey has a set or a good part of a set out of Victory. Not sure what its called but I have about 30 cards from it. I do not believe Gwynn has as many cards and he is also decently collected. Its quite an impressive feat.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I currently have 3620 different Rickey Henderson items (but that includes cards, magazines, baseball gloves, posters, etc). I currently have 3030 pictures (83.7% of the unique items). And I have 7332 total Rickeys including doubles. And yes, I am a nerd for keeping track of all of that. :geek:

Its definitely fun chasing some of the older and early 2000s, and very satisfying when you find one. But when the new cards come out and the manufacturers explode about 500 new variations on your player, it is not as enjoyable.

BTW, where is this going to go next? Are we going to get the "DNA" swatch cards? "A sample of Rickey's hair", "A skin graft from Cal Ripken", "Bo Jackson's toe nail"....

Anyway, nice collections everybody.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
nevermore said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
Signature is updated! Finally, officially, over 4,000!!

Congrats on 4,000, that is most impressive!

Thanks! The 80's and 90's to collect has been so fun!

henderson939 said:
Congrats on the 4,000. Is that just cards? I have my Henderson collection broken down into 26 categories. In my cards section, I have 2,711 different Hendersons to date.

Just checked your sig, and got my answer. That is amazing.

Thanks!..with 2,711 of Henderson you may have a better percentage than me, though! :D

predatorkj said:
I wonder if sometimes its kinda easier getting a large amount of cards of a guy if he has been heavily produced. If you collect Jeter or Ripken or Griffey, they had a million cards produced. Hell...I actually have a 50 card fleer tradition set they made just for Ripken. I believe Griffey has a set or a good part of a set out of Victory. Not sure what its called but I have about 30 cards from it. I do not believe Gwynn has as many cards and he is also decently collected. Its quite an impressive feat.

I hear you! although those guys (Griffey, Jeter, Ripken...) although have more cards are also more expensive, too, I can't really imagine collecting them!
Gwynn has a few stacked sets like the 1999 Omega 3000 Hit Tribute in Pacific was 21 cards, and the 2007 Upper Deck Road to the Hall with Ripken is 50 cards... :D gotta love sets like those to pad the numbers! :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
gwynn5453l4u said:
I've been kind of in to bumping old threads lately...

Anyone else to add to the list? I know some of you are moving up!!!

I'll be there soon. I want #3000 to be special. And it will be.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Cant wait till my daisuke collection is large enough to be in here!

Edit- Im only at 200, but Im getting there!

Edit- Hopefully Daisuke plays long enough to have 1500 cards that are gettable! (I mean other than really rare ones, that are hard to get)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
techboy42004 said:

Edit- Hopefully Daisuke plays long enough to have 1500 cards that are gettable! (I mean other than really rare ones, that are hard to get)

According to beckett he has 2638 cards with the following breakdown:

# of Mem: 393
# of RC: 41
# of AU: 122
# of SER: 2,108

Good luck on your quest to 1500.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Fandruw25 said:
techboy42004 said:

According to beckett he has 2638 cards with the following breakdown:

# of Mem: 393
# of RC: 41
# of AU: 122
# of SER: 2,108

Good luck on your quest to 1500.

Thanks! Its gonna be really tough since hes only been in the league for 5 years :/ And he has no cards this year.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
techboy42004 said:
Thanks! Its gonna be really tough since hes only been in the league for 5 years :/ And he has no cards this year.

That's almost a blessing in disguise....now you don't have to worry about keeping up with new releases :D

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Fandruw25 said:
techboy42004 said:

That's almost a blessing in disguise....now you don't have to worry about keeping up with new releases :D

Lol, but I would love some new base cards to get :( Especially with this years design looking so nice D:

Members online