Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help on finding info on this set, 2008 Finest Gold X-Fractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sep 11, 2009
I need help on finding any information on the 2008 Finest Gold X-Fractors. The person I bought the Frank Thomas card from said that these cards were issued in some sort of redemption program and that only 2 full sets where released. Is that true? They are numbered out of 25, mine being 13/25. Also if it is true, what were the requirements of winning the set?
2008finestmomentsgoldxf.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
bustin_knuckles said:
Thanks I guess I should've searched it.
:lol: Actually, I did not read all 12 pages before I posted the link, and it didn't really answer your question as to HOW they were obtained. I would be interested, too. Too bad we can't open the old Ebay (or Huggins) links...
Looks like there may only be 4 or 5 sets, though!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Really nice looking set. I believe redemptions for complete sets were inserted into packs but very few of them surfaced. I was able to buy this one for my run of Verlanders from that set-

VerlanderFinestRainbow1.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've only seen 2 sets while looking for Andruw. I have one and andruwhrjones has the others...one of which is #13/25.

I believe there were redemption cards inserted that would net you a complete set of the x-factors. Not sure how many were claimed but as of now I think only 2 sets have been broken.

Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for the info. Also I need the regular issue Thomas if anyone has it and wants to sell, let me know.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I have #8/25 for Andruw Jones. I have only seen 2 sets as well, #8 and #13. They were redemptions for full sets. Not sure when the redemption expires, but my guess is all 25 sets were produced and will make their way to the Topps Vault at some point. I have a hard time believing they were not produced or were/will be destroyed when the redemption runs out. Either way, still a tough card to find, congrats!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Really nice looking set. I believe redemptions for complete sets were inserted into packs but very few of them surfaced. I was able to buy this one for my run of Verlanders from that set-

love 08 finest moments
i dont scan but

i have the whole rainbow and the whole auto rainbow
the white frame auto 1/1 is on card and sick

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I used to have the Zimm rainbow before I sold off all my Finest, minus the 1/1s. I have also only found the #8 and #13. Can't remember which one I had though. They were redemptions for complete sets. And a whole set was sold off individually on ebay last year. A lot of collectors on here were contacting the seller directly and grabbing up their players.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
miguelcabrera said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

love 08 finest moments
i dont scan but

i have the whole rainbow and the whole auto rainbow
the white frame auto 1/1 is on card and sick

Yeah me too, it's a great set. Unfortunately I have never seen the 1/1 of Verlander from this set so my rainbow remains incomplete for now.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
AndruwHRJones said:
I have #8/25 for Andruw Jones. I have only seen 2 sets as well, #8 and #13. They were redemptions for full sets. Not sure when the redemption expires, but my guess is all 25 sets were produced and will make their way to the Topps Vault at some point. I have a hard time believing they were not produced or were/will be destroyed when the redemption runs out. Either way, still a tough card to find, congrats!

Can you name a single card released via Topps Vault that would lead you to really believe what you've said here? I can't... :?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They were most likely all produced, but also likely is that they send out redemptions in random order, like serial numbered cards that get packed out. Like the 2006 Topps Blue Border set, I think only 1 was redeemed, but it was #7.

BTW, I have a Sizemore gold X and it's #8/25 as well.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
not sure how they were redeemed but I have the other Thomas 8/25; All i need is the red to complete the rainbow, I have the 1/1 white border framed too

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
found a scan from the guy who pulled it

cabreramojo.jpg

dont have scans of anything else but have whole auto rainbow and whole non auto rainbow including white 1/1 of non auto as well.
have the red ref for 08 topps finest base as well and i think that is it form that run.
love finest.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Warrens All Stars said:
AndruwHRJones said:

Can you name a single card released via Topps Vault that would lead you to really believe what you've said here? I can't... :?

The Topps Vault seems to sell ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is laying around? Proofs, negatives, blank backs, contracts, art work, etc....

Who is to say these sets won't be laying around years from now and sold off as individual cards or sets? I don't think it is a huge leap to think they would sell these in the future? I think it is more naive to think the sets not redeemed were either not produced or destroyed.

Are you some kind of expert on Topps Vault listings? What guidelines do they have for what they list, if you can answer that question, I would be more than happy to side with you.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
so since last year have any of the original two sets sold (8 & 13/25) have any of the singles been re-sold besides the Thomas? if so did they go higher than originally? Kinda curious to see if people after the original flury thought the same thing we all did when they first hit

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
bighurtcollector said:
so since last year have any of the original two sets sold (8 & 13/25) have any of the singles been re-sold besides the Thomas? if so did they go higher than originally? Kinda curious to see if people after the original flury thought the same thing we all did when they first hit

I had both David Wrights (base and Finest Moments, #8 I think). I was collecting him too at the time. I got them for 75 each, and I believe I re-sold them for about 45-50 each. I probably could have gotten more if I held out longer, but i was just selling off all my Wright stuff at the time.

Sep 11, 2009
I think I bought the Thomas for cheaper. I think I paid around $35 or below because thats usually my spending cap on cards.

Members online