Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Poll with prizes... Signed Stickers on Chrome/Metal

How do you feel about clear sticker autos on Metal (similar to chrome)?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I am going to vote no....But I assume stickers is the only way to get the autos into the product? If that's the case than I vote yes, but no on chrome cards. I say put clear stickers on non chrome cards. JMO ;)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
No Stickers for this.

Produce the cards and ship to them, I see no difference between sending them sticker or the card.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Leaf said:
As a note, we would use a mix of on-card and sticker IF we did this.....
We would attmept to be primarily on-card.
BG

P.s.- I personally do not like stickers on metal/chrome. But, for a sweeter checklist????? Hmmm.,.....

I voted yes as well. If it is to IMPROVE and enhance the checklist then PLEASE add sticker autos to the set as well. IF you do go the sticker route make sure it is clear and non-foiled and really make sure each stickered auto card uses the same type of sticker so those that are set builders can have a nice looking set once complete. To avoid needing sticker autos due to the celebrities that want to "sign now" what do you think of this?? Create a card you can print right now without the photo or name of the celebrity...it would have to have a very cool looking design that would match the card set this is for. pretty much think of it as a sticker sheet that you would send, they sign a bunch of blank cards that has no information on it and then send them back. You could then use those and create "booklet" cards that you could number towards the end of the auto set to keep them "together" when set building. This would hopefully take care of keeping an on card auto for the collector as well as being able to send something to the signer that is requesting to sign "now or never".

In a nutshell...turn the sticker sheet into a card stock sheet with a sweet design that benifits this auto set that is being created and turn THOSE into booklet cards for the same set. The collector would still have a chance for a great persons auto (checklist wise) and the Celebrities that can only sign now forcing the needed sticker can still participate to keep the collector happy with on card autos. Obviously some are not fans of booklets for display purposes and such but maybe this could also work for the back of the card or something ;)

I hope that makes some sense...and its only my own 2 cents if not :lol: :cool:

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Don't pay the Don too much, especially since he signs TTM.

Maybe instead of discussing the type of sticker it's at the point that we need to revolutionize the way we create cards without on card autographs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't have a problem with stickers on any card really (other than maybe Letterman style) as long as it is CLEAR.

Topps could make nice looking cards with clear stickers, I don't understand why they continue to use those awful silver stickers.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
No Stickers for this.

Produce the cards and ship to them, I see no difference between sending them sticker or the card.

Did you read our replies?
How do you get everything for the next 18 months signed in 1 sitting (the only way many guys will do deals)?
I guess we could issue redemptions that take a year to fill, but that SUCKS.
Or, do we just tell big names to screw off if they wont sign 5 different times throughout the year for small money (relative to their wealth).

BG

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I voted yes, but mainly because the autos would be from celebrities who may not have many/any other signatures available.

However, for run of the mill athletes who, in their careers, will likely have a lot of autos, I would not be in favor of it.

Thanks for the contest.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:

Maybe instead of discussing the type of sticker it's at the point that we need to revolutionize the way we create cards without on card autographs.

I have been working with PSA on this recently.
It appears through the mail is ALL secretarial or autopen now.
PSA and JSA used to pass these but WILL NOT any longer.
Unfortunately, I have some small photos received TTM that are worthless now (unless you wanna buy em?).
BG

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Leaf said:
RITM said:

Unfortunately, I have some small photos received TTM that are worthless now (unless you wanna buy em?).
BG

PSA is not flawless by any stretch of the imagination. They did a lot of damage on the Ripken minor league market in regards to one particular issue.

Ultimately a group has to do what they think is right. If you want said celebrity and it is the only way they will sign then you have to do it. Personally I still think there are methods yet developed.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:
Leaf said:
RITM said:

BG

PSA is not flawless by any stretch of the imagination. They did a lot of damage on the Ripken minor league market in regards to one particular issue.

Ultimately a group has to do what they think is right. If you want said celebrity and it is the only way they will sign then you have to do it. Personally I still think there are methods yet developed.

True, but we are personally asking Trump if he is signing this mail.
I have gotten hundreds of pieces of TTM in the last 3 years from him.
I know A LOT of people who do this.
Is he really signing tens of thousands of pieces of mail free?
I dont think so.
BG

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I think as long as the stickers are clear, and the majority of cards that CAN be signed on card in a given product, are in fact SIGNED on card, then I would be a big fan.

I think stickers on metal is fine though.

Thanks for the contest.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Leaf said:
OK, here goes again... random prizes for posters who contribute....

In our Metal Muhammad Ali set this summer, there is an insert set called "fans of Ali". We have some celebrities that would like to participate, but would only do so if they could sign labels now for use then.

How do you feel about clear stickers used on Metal (similar to Chrome) cards?

Thanks in advance... BG

I think this is pretty clear. I haven't read the other posts, but...

If my option is either NO autograph or a sticker autograph, I'll go with the sticker autograph all day long.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Can you do a signing such that you bring the actual cards for hard signature for the products that have already been produced and then have the person sign stickers soley for the products to be released down the road that have yet to be created? This way at least you'd be able to produce an on-card of said celebrity at least in one product for those die hards that want an on-card of the celeb rather than a sticker.

PS - Does someone like Donald Trump literally sit there for 2 hours and sign his name 1,000 times? or are they left with him for signature and due back within some allotted time frame? Do you have the rights to reduce payment if the signatures aren't received in a certain amount of time? Can you request they sign a few with some inscriptions? Like "The Donald"? I feel like even though they are stickers and ugly, something like a bonus inscription would help the overall appeal of them. Probably add some value too to have some sort of a short printed inscription version.

Oh - another question. I know when I sign multiple business check requests I can sometimes sign a lot of items in one sitting. Sometimes my signature gets disasterous, but it's still my signature, even though it may not look like it exactly. Do you as a company try to weed those out from the product or do you include all autos you had signed? I assume you'll use them all, since I've seen cards of players in the same product where there sig looks very different, but I just wanted to ask b/c you are a different company and may do things differently.

Thanks for the read and reply!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Leaf said:
George_Calfas said:
No Stickers for this.

Did you read our replies?
How do you get everything for the next 18 months signed in 1 sitting (the only way many guys will do deals)?
I guess we could issue redemptions that take a year to fill, but that SUCKS.
Or, do we just tell big names to screw off if they wont sign 5 different times throughout the year for small money (relative to their wealth).

BG

Yes, I can read (and leave feedback for transactions). Sounds like you want to use people, say Trump, in multiple products. How about use them in just one product to avoid stickers. Inserting Trump in one product will help retain his and product value.

Yes, stickers are fine if clear (like everyone has mentioned).

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
I voted yes. I think the biggest issue in regards to looks depends on how gray/silver the cards are. I'm sure it'll look strange if it is an extremely dark gray/silver, however a lighter color won't look that bad. In fact, I think it'll look better than the gray with stickers used on some of Topps' printing plates. I wouldn't mind the idea of pulling one of these cards with a sticker autograph. Just make sure that they are tamper proof to prevent people from pulling stickers and adding them to certain cards, or, at least have a special system so that collectors can track which cards were autographed and what not.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am borderline, but I said yes. If it is the ONLY way to obtain autographs from the people, by all means do it. I will eat my words if the stickers are ugly, off center, don't work well with the product... etc etc...

I would rather have a sticker auto of some big-name, A-List celebrity, than someone who appeared in 2 commercials but signed on-card...

This is probably a stupid suggestion... but how about you guys put the stickers on the cards and then have them sign it? They wouldn't be signing the card, but it can be considered "on-card" to some people if they consider that the sticker was a part of the card before the card was signed... I don't know. I am just brainstorming.

Members online