Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Added mine exactly one year ago today! Ironic...
niners1.jpg

Midnight on the 24th added to photobucket:
nine_zpsaa054f55.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, I wish I had the Belle. Seems like my additions will slow down in 2014 with being so high % wise of his stuff. My goals need to be like - acquire two cards off his top 10 wanted list

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Unless I am missing something, what is so great about these cards?All they are is some base card with some stamp in the corner.Really no visual appeal here.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I'm just teasing...these are pretty nice in hand, for sure, but the idea that there is only 9 makes this card a whole lot more beautiful. Especially for a 90's parallel!?! Whoa!
Also, base cards have a boring old gold foil for the name, so the Blue really pops! In an age of parallel LOVE (museum, AP, Refractors, Foil change), there's pretty much nothing better than the Starting 9 parallel!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Unless I am missing something, what is so great about these cards?All they are is some base card with some stamp in the corner.Really no visual appeal here.

Haha - could say a statement about just about any card I guess

---

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'll give you they're not the fanciest of parallels but I don't own one so I have no street cred. That said, I'd consider punching my mother for a Cirillo

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I see on my list that Fred McGriff has one of these. I will have to keep an eye out for one. I looked on EBay and also put in an offer on a Cubs player that's listed. There BIN price seems pretty outrageous so I will be surprised if they accept my offer.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm just teasing...these are pretty nice in hand, for sure, but the idea that there is only 9 makes this card a whole lot more beautiful. Especially for a 90's parallel!?! Whoa!
Also, base cards have a boring old gold foil for the name, so the Blue really pops! In an age of parallel LOVE (museum, AP, Refractors, Foil change), there's pretty much nothing better than the Starting 9 parallel!

Understood, but to me if the cards demand a high bid, they better have some visual appeal, I don't care how rare they are.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I agree they should have made them more appealing. Holographic or mirror type. Or at least some glittery foil. Similar to museum collection or longevity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Haha - could say a statement about just about any card I guess

---

Perhaps.But I've seen many older inserts with more visual appeal than these...and that won't cost an arm and a leg.I pulled some bland Pacific parallel with some different stamping numbered to 45 years ago.Looks ordinary to naked eye, ought to see if any demand for them.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
One for every player in the set, not high numbered but also not 1/1 low numbered... just challenging enough for player / team collectors... likely more demand for most semi + star players than there are quantity.

Consider if these were Topps cards, they'd probably go for 2-3x+

Still need an Erstad haha!

1DogCollector

May 25, 2014
May as well bring this thread back to life by asking if anyone has one of Lance Johnson or knows anyone that does as I'm in the market for about 9 of them.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Then there is just the outright ridiculousness of it all. WHO??? And they want $100 OBO for it. Maybe they'll take $10 or $5, but with a BIN price like $100, I think their mind is sitting somewhere else on the OBO range. This is probably a great case of supply vs demand where I can't see the demand for the supply at that price, although there is probably a couple of people who decided to tackle the entire set and may pay this type of price for a common!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEVE-PARRI...=100011&prg=10073&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=130404230269

Members online

No members online now.