Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for a little help on a Griffey Jr/Sr auto'd bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Griffeybat-1.jpg

It has a Score Board COA. It is a special edition bat #d/500 about the two playing together for the first time in 1990.

Has anyone seen these before? Are the autos legit? Any idea on value?

Thanks

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Not too familiar with them but they both look very slow and deliberate and very bad to me

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not an authenticator.

But the pen strokes on both look way too heavy. Junior usually always has a real light pen stroke.

Both look off to me.

Just looked at my Griffey Sr. auto. Not consistent with the auto I have.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
shanks25 said:

But the pen strokes on both look way too heavy. Junior usually always has a real light pen stroke.

Both look off to me.

Is your Sr auto also on on a bat? Bat autos look heavier because they are rounded and need to be signed slightly slower in comparison to a flat item like a card or photo. Compare to a ball and it should be relatively similar in stroke, but would be thinner as its in pen and not in marker.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:

Both look off to me.

Is your Sr auto also on on a bat? Bat autos look heavier because they are rounded and need to be signed slightly slower in comparison to a flat item like a card or photo. Compare to a ball and it should be relatively similar in stroke, but would be thinner as its in pen and not in marker.

No sir. My Sr. auto in on a baseball card.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
shanks25 said:
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:

Both look off to me.

Flat items have a faster, thinner, smoother signature. Bats/Balls have a slower signature and tend to be thicker.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:

Both look off to me.

Flat items have a faster, thinner, smoother signature. Bats/Balls have a slower signature and tend to be thicker.

Yessir, I realize that. I've been in the hobby for a while.

Settle down...i'm not calling you out at all. As I said earlier, I'm NOT an authenticator. It's just my opinion. I wouldn't purchase. The OP can do whatever he wants with my opinion.....

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
shanks25 said:
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:
GarkoCollector said:
shanks25 said:

Both look off to me.

Yessir, I realize that. I've been in the hobby for a while.

Settle down...i'm not calling you out at all. As I said earlier, I'm NOT an authenticator. It's just my opinion. I wouldn't purchase. The OP can do whatever he wants with my opinion.....

I dont know why youre telling me to settle down. Im simply saying why youre wrong and backing it with proven information. You may have been in the hobby for awhile, but clearly your knowledge of memorabilia signatures isnt up to par. Thats just MY opinion.

Members online

Latest posts