Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

sets with art instead of photos -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I know a lot of people do not like these sets.
But I like to use the cards to get the artists to sign TTM.
If you have some extra base cards (with the artists name printed on the back);
can I request a few?
If i can get them signed, I'll mail you back a couple.

Anyone else love or hate these sets?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
All depends on the quality of the artist. Some are spectacular. A&G is nice. National Chicle was terrible. My favorites are some of the lesser known sets.

Ron Lewis ***** League Postcard Sets (Series 1 and 2)
!BrYssOwB2k~$(KGrHqMH-CMEvC3Une4iBLzdsz5zn!~~_3.jpg

Infinite Baseball Set
Dihigo.jpg
walter_johnson_Card.jpg
paige_Dragones.jpg
radbourn-1.jpg

Helmar Brewing
!CBJwbY!!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!l8Ez+3F6)4VBNGgfmEZW!~~_12.jpg!CBJwGNwBmk~$(KGrHqV,!isE0GgD00+kBNGgeckGEg~~_12.jpg

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
Masterpieces, Topps Gallery, 09 Goodwin Champions - these 3 have been my favorites. Chicle looked like...well...a psychedlic bad trip on LSD. I thought it was ok at first, but looking through more of the cards when released, I wasn't impressed.

Probably my favorite Art Card. Had Longoria Sign it IP In August of 2009 at Tropicana. I love the Top of the Ceiling of the trop in the background. The auto would not pass authentication by PSA as his Ballpark "Free" Auto sometimes is night and day compared to the Paid one for Card Companys and Paid Autograph Signings
3496bb45.jpg

Signed This Past August IP at Tropicana
longoag.jpg

Now compare those 2 "Free" Auto's compared to the Graph he gave me at a Paid Public Signing in November
b706aac4-1.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Big Mac McGwire said:
Probably my favorite Art Card. Had Longoria Sign it IP In August of 2009 at Tropicana. I love the Top of the Ceiling of the trop in the background. The auto would not pass authentication by PSA as his Ballpark "Free" Auto sometimes is night and day compared to the Paid one for Card Companys and Paid Autograph Signings
3496bb45.jpg

Signed This Past August IP at Tropicana
longoag.jpg

Now compare those 2 "Free" Auto's compared to the Graph he gave me at a Paid Public Signing in November
b706aac4-1.jpg
Is that Mac's @ss hanging out above your Longo?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Back in 1993 when the Ted Williams Card Co. was new, they produced an insert set of "art cards" with artwork by former pitcher Gene Locklear. (Gene Locklear Collection) Gene was at their both working on a huge Orioles-themed mural over the weekend. Gene would take a break every so often, and signed promos of the cards from his set.

loulock.jpg

Don't know if he still paints, but I liked his work, and it's the only art card signed by the artist I have. I think I also have one of him on a Satchel Paige card, but I'll have to check.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't A&G base cards actually photographs that are digitally altered by Topps to make it look like a painting? To me, that doesn't qualify as an "art card" set, since they're basically photoshopped and not original.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
cmnkb8 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't A&G base cards actually photographs that are digitally altered by Topps to make it look like a painting? To me, that doesn't qualify as an "art card" set, since they're basically photoshopped and not original.
Good catch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts