Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Platinum: Thick vs. Thin Stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Can anyone post a pic of the same card side by side (Pic taken of card's side) of a thick and thin stock card from Bowman Platinum? I bought the Jeter gold and regular refractors off ebay but they're both the same size in thickness. I don't know which variation I own. Thanks for any help.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
The Gold refractors are just on thick stock, but the regular refractors come in both thin and thick stock. The thin stock is the same as the base card stock.

BTW, glad you got the Jeter Gold /99 you bought from me, is that the first you saw from 2010?

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
allstarauction said:
The Gold refractors are just on thick stock, but the regular refractors come in both thin and thick stock. The thin stock is the same as the base card stock.

BTW, glad you got the Jeter Gold /99 you bought from me, is that the first you saw from 2010?

Thanks for the info. That means I have the "thick" version of the refractor. Time to hunt down the thin version. Yes it was!!! Where did you get that card from? It was actually on my top 10 most wanted Jeter cards believe it or not. I've searched over a year for that card and that was the first one I've seen pop up. That auction must have lasted less than 10 minutes!! Now all I need is the Yankees team checklist card in the gold version.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Be8el0ve said:
allstarauction said:

Thanks for the info. That means I have the "thick" version of the refractor. Time to hunt down the thin version. Yes it was!!! Where did you get that card from? It was actually on my top 10 most wanted Jeter cards believe it or not. I've searched over a year for that card and that was the first one I've seen pop up. That auction must have lasted less than 10 minutes!! Now all I need is the Yankees team checklist card in the gold version.

I have been trying to put together the Orioles Team set of Gold since the release, there are 2-3 of the 20 players that I have never seen, but most guys I have seen 1 or 2 of the cards. I bought a lot of 43 different gold's not knowing who was in the lot hoping I would land some Orioles but there were none. The best in the lot was Jeter, David Wright and Matt Kemp.

crypticfreak1

May 16, 2016
Not sure if I’ll get a response to this 7 year old thread, but, you sure there isn’t a thick and thin version of the gold cards? Beckett has a Brian Johnson thick and thin Gold versions both numbered to /539. And if it’s true there aren’t two different ones then that’s one I can cross off my list!!

Members online