User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Ozzie Smith collectors thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
    I do not see this listed in either Beckett or the Standard Catalog, so it looks like I have another newspaper card cataloging task! Would you mind if I borrowed your image for a blog post? I suspect the images I find will mostly be grainy black & white.

----UPDATE-----

Took me about an hour, but the post is up:

1981 San Diego Union - Meet the Padres
    I don't mind you using it. If you need any other scans of cards in the set let me know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some Ozzie Smith magnets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1989 Phoenix Magnetables.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	63867
    1989 Phoenix Magnetables

Name:	x1990 Phoenix Magnetables.jpg 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	63868
    1990 Phoenix Magnetables

Name:	1992 Hero's Magnets Series 1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	63869
    1992 Hero's Magnets Series 1

Name:	1994 Cardinals Magnets GM.jpg 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	63870
    1994 Cardinals Magnets GM

Name:	1994 Chris Martin Pro Mags.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	63871
    1994 Chris Martin Pro Mags

Name:	1996 Chris Martin Pro Mags.jpg 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	63872
    1996 Chris Martin Pro Mags

These are the only Ozzie Smith magnets that I am aware of, so if anybody knows or has any different ones, let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by thatsawinner; 07-30-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions about 1991 Score cards

I recently opened a 1991 M.V.P. Major League Collector Pins as the package had a price tag and writing on it and it wasn't in great condition. The pin and card inside were still just fine. I noticed the card looked different and I compared it to my others. The card that came with the pin has a glossy finish and the regular cards do not. The gloss is not as much as a Topps Tiffany type or the Score Glossy from a few years earlier (1988), but it is still definitely glossy, especially compared to the regular versions I have. It has a shine to it.

Has anyone else opened one of these and noticed the gloss? Is this just a variation? Anybody with any information is much appreciated. Thanks

1991 Score

1991 M.V.P. Major League Collector Pins

1991 Score Glossy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1991 M.V.P. Major League Collector Pins.jpg   1991 Score Glossy.jpg   1991 Score.jpg  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted a new thread on this topic about Team Issued Press Photos, hoping to learn more. I'd love to see other Ozzie Team Issued Press Photos to know what years for sure exist. Thanks.

Here is what I have and have seen:

1979 Padres Press Photo

1982 Cardinals Press Photo

1984 Cardinals Press Photo

1987 Cardinals Press Photo

1991 Cardinals Press Photo

1992 Cardinals Press Photo

1993 Cardinals Press Photo

1996 Cardinals Press Photo

1996 Cardinals Press Photo (No Information)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1979 Padres Press Photo.jpg   1982 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1991 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1996 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1996 Cardinals Press Photo - No Information.jpg  

1984 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1987 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1992 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg   1993 Cardinals Press Photo.jpg  

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsawinner View Post
    Questions about 1991 Score cards

I recently opened a 1991 M.V.P. Major League Collector Pins as the package had a price tag and writing on it and it wasn't in great condition. The pin and card inside were still just fine. I noticed the card looked different and I compared it to my others. The card that came with the pin has a glossy finish and the regular cards do not. The gloss is not as much as a Topps Tiffany type or the Score Glossy from a few years earlier (1988), but it is still definitely glossy, especially compared to the regular versions I have. It has a shine to it.

Has anyone else opened one of these and noticed the gloss? Is this just a variation? Anybody with any information is much appreciated. Thanks
    Guess I need to buy another one to find out. Have you opened a 1990 to see if that card is different as well?

juggledv
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello fellow Ozzie Collectors. I stumbled across this thread while googling various topics to fill in gaps in my collection. I want to thank everyone for the prior posts. They have been very informative. I'm in the process of rebuilding my database. I will be happy to share images that I have if there is something you've been looking to confirm.

juggledv
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are two more. I have to guess, but I'm thinking 1978 and 1980 based on similar looks in Family Fun center photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	69418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1980.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	69419

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzie Smith fans,

I recently picked up a lot of game-used lineup cards that include many line-up cards from early in Smith's career 1978-1981 including a number of line-up cards from his rookie season.

Many of the cards also feature Dave Winfield, Gaylord Perry (1978 CY Young winner) and Rollie Fingers (1978 Rolaids Relief winner).

For those not familiar, managers for each team are required to fill out a line-up card on which they set the batting order for the game. Cards are done in triplicate, so there is (generally) 1 standard copy and 2 carbon copies. One is kept, one given to the opposing manager, and one given to the umpire.

If anyone is interested in making a deal for one (or more) please let me know.

I hope it is ok that I post this here. I figure there in a Smith thread, people would appreciate the opportunity. Thanks!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223