Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ozzie Smith collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
my newest that just arrived today!!

2006UpperDeckEpicTripleswatch.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
dadofandrew said:
my newest that just arrived today!!

2006UpperDeckEpicTripleswatch.jpg

Very nice addition!

Both versions of one of my favorite 90's issues (Ripken on back):

Scan0116.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Greg,

How in the world did you end up collecting players from both the Cards and the Twins? The 87 World Series must have had you spinning. :)

Wade

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I grew up in Southern Illinois, Cardinal fan all the way. My older brother moved to the Twins Cities in the late seventies, and I became a Twins fan through him. Fast-forward to the 80's, hometown hero Gary Gaetti plays for the Twins, and I went to school in Minnesota (St. Cloud.) 87 Series was tough, but I wore my Cardinal red proud! I couldn't lose either way!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
I grew up in Southern Illinois, Cardinal fan all the way. My older brother moved to the Twins Cities in the late seventies, and I became a Twins fan through him. Fast-forward to the 80's, hometown hero Gary Gaetti plays for the Twins, and I went to school in Minnesota (St. Cloud.) 87 Series was tough, but I wore my Cardinal red proud! I couldn't lose either way!

So that explains it. I grew up in Iowa about 4 hours from Chicago, Minneapolis and Milwaukee and 6 hours from St.Louis. My grandfather picked the Cardinals and the rest of the family followed suit. I thank God everyday he didn't pick the Cubs! :)

I hated everybody on that 1987 Twins team except... you guessed it, The Rat.

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
Anyone with doubles to sell or get rid of let me know. I have cut my Ozzie Collection to playing years only. To many variations and such to keep up with. I pick up a few of the nicer new cards that catch my eye. When I dont lose them to yous. Also started a collection of All-Star Ballots Ozzie is on. Thanks for the read,

Dan

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Dan- Do you have a checklist of Ozzie's you're looking for? I've got hundreds of doubles.

Kevin- That is a sweet card. They really run in streaks on EBay. A couple of years ago you could find them on EBay but I haven't seen one in awhile. I was going to pick one up and now I wish I would have.:(

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I knocked these two off my wantlist this week. 1987 Donruss Super DK and 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Dufex.
Scan0118.jpg

Members online

Latest posts