Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ozzie Smith collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
Mozzie22 said:
Got this in the mail today. I've wanted it for a long time. 1987 Sports Illustrated Sticker: Scan0120.jpg

Hey Mozzie... do you know if there was an identical poster made?

Thanks!

PS... HI KEVIN!!! :D

Yes. These stickers were made to promote the sales of the poster. Plus, it's hanging up in my house. :)

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
Heres mine for the day

1995 Colonial Milk Caps Uncut
95_Colonial_MilkCaps.jpg

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
Here is another fave. Real stamp on card. Fleer should have done these every year. And the other reason I love it. It is my Sons Birthday.

03_FleerStamp.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
jdpreas said:
Here is another fave. Real stamp on card. Fleer should have done these every year. And the other reason I love it. It is my Sons Birthday.

03_FleerStamp.jpg

Agreed, one of the unique insert ideas in recent times. I've been meaning to pick one of those up for my 03 Flair Greats Set. Nice card!

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
On a GREAT note I picked up my first OML Autoed Ozzie Ball from my local Shop. $45 out the door. I am more than excited.

Some for the day:

ToppsBaseCareerRun.jpg

HighlandMint_SilverCoin.jpg

Misc_89BBCardsMagInsert.jpg

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
If I get stuck indoors this weekend due to weather I'll see about scanning in some of my Ozzie cards. I'm sure he's in some of my Kelloggs sets. I also have a special Ozzie mailday inbound but that one may require it's own "STEAL" thread :)

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
OK gents, here it is. My biggest Ozzie steal arrived yesterday. I was in the right place at the right time and nabbed this for $100 delivered. It's a $300 card and almost never shows up and when it does be prepared to PAY! I'm down to seven cards to complete the set. Progress is slow now that I am down to the big names which are all major SP.

ozzie-smith.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
It was me. :| I had to do it. Since the release 20 years ago I have seen exactly 2 of these, this one and one at the Chicago National several years ago. That one had a crease right through the face and the guy still wanted $250 for it! I can not overstate how rare these are. I had a huge snipe set for this and I was not going to let this get away!! If I outbid anyone I apologize and I hope you get another chance. Hopefully more of these will come out of the woodwork after these few sell.

1989 Topps Heads Up Test"
Scan1989.jpg
Scan1990.jpg

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
grrrrr Wade you got me on that one bud. No worries though I was 3rd place in the bidder list lol nice pick up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts