Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ozzie Smith collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Any of you guys need these? I have a handfull of them. It's a little bigger than a normal card, and is dated as 2003. Let me know if you need one
ozzie.jpg

EDIT: Just did a little search and found the origins of the card.

Take A Swing Against Prostate Cancer

To help promote prostate cancer awareness, blue ribbon stickers symbolizing prostate cancer awareness will be made available to fans attending Game Two of the 2003 World Series, along with Take A Swing Against Prostate Cancer baseball cards of campaign managers Ozzie Smith and Lou Piniella. The cards contain a risk quiz to help men understand certain risk factors for prostate cancer. In addition, NPCC's Jamie Bearse, Vice President, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch along with Ozzie Smith and video clips of famous manager's moves will play on the Jumbotron.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Guys, I have an authentic Ozzie Smith jersey that's just hanging in my closet. This isn't a gamer, but was from some Upper Deck set a few years ago where you got a redemption for an authentic player jersey. I bought the Will Clark redemption on Ebay and they sent me the Ozzie. I've been furious about it for years, and need to get it out of my closet. Anyone interested? It's a home white and really does look great. I'll try to post some pictures tonight, along with the size.

Let me know if you're interested...

Drew

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Guys, here are some photos of the jersey. As you can see, it's really nice. I forgot just how nice the Cardinals logo is - the detail in the stitching is just fantastic. Please let me know if you have any more questions. I really don't know how much I want for it, but I do know that it deserves to go to a good home!

Oh, the jersey is not autographed, but it would look fantastic if you had the Wizard sign it...

IMG_2306.jpg
IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg
IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
It closed last week.
If I were Ozzie though, I would be building right around the stadium. The bars after games are slammed!

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Guys, I need to get an Ozzie patch with some yellow on it. I have this auto, now I need a patch

!BUy!WPQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLlvjJvBKPR2,Y17g~~_35.jpg

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Wow very sad to see the place go I was there a couple times and loved just looking at all the pics and memories I think I still have a hat somewhere maybe?

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
Guys, I need to get an Ozzie patch with some yellow on it. I have this auto, now I need a patch

!BUy!WPQB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLlvjJvBKPR2,Y17g~~_35.jpg

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I might have a extra patch, just got to check to see if I have an extra one with yellow on it. I will check when i get off work today

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Do any of you guys have one of the 2004 SP Game Used Patch Triple Authentic #RVS of Ripken, Ozzie Smith and Vizquel? I think they were numbered /10.

The reason I ask is that I'm putting a website together with scans of every one of my Vizquel cards, front and back. I'm also including samples (when possible) of those cards I don't have. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to see it and "borrow" scan for the site. I'd make sure I referenced it as yours! I don't want to hijack your thread, so if you do feel free to PM me. I'll also check with the Ripken collectors. Hopefully between these 2 groups, someone's got it. Thanks!

Example below of what I'm doing. This is an unlicensed Venezuelan card...

UnknownVenezuelanUnlicensed.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I don't collect Ozzie, but am collecting 2001 UD Gold Glove Leatherbound Glove cards. Saw this for $79, what do you guys think of the price? It would be kind of cool to have a glove card / auto for Ozzie, since he was the Wizard with the leather. Anyone ever track a sale of one of these?

U233.jpg

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
I don't collect Ozzie, but am collecting 2001 UD Gold Glove Leatherbound Glove cards. Saw this for $79, what do you guys think of the price? It would be kind of cool to have a glove card / auto for Ozzie, since he was the Wizard with the leather. Anyone ever track a sale of one of these?

U233.jpg
thats about the average price for those. I have seen them go higher but usually they are about 70 -85 bucks

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I finally picked up the last one I needed to complete this little six card set:

6.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
The 1991 Media Materials card...extremely difficult to find. Thanks Tim. :D

mm3.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I picked up this rare Ozzie recently. It isn't listed in Beckett so a lot of people don't realize it is out there but it is in SCD Standard Catalog. It is a 1992 Ultra Pre-Production Sample that was distributed to dealers to give them a preview of Ultra's second year offering. There were six players issued: Todd Van Poppel, Rey Sanchez, Ozzie Smith, Royce Clayton, Roger Clemens Award Winner, and Tony Gwynn Comemorative series. Here is the Ozzie (you can see the differences on front and back next to the regular card):

newscan.jpg

newback.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Real happy to knock these two off of my list. I've been after the 1990 Topps TV Cardinals card for a long time and the 96 Collectors Choice Gold I hadn't seen before.

Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts