Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
I figured that was you bidding on that, I put a bid in on the last second but it went too high. Thats numbered 25/300 too right?:mad:

yeah that was the one. Were you the underbidder?

I've been snatching up the Pinnacle plates that have been listed. I think I've added 4-5 more, and another got listed tonight. I go after those pretty hard, I've always been a sucker for the Pinnacle ones as they were the first to do it. I'm surprised that one seller had so many, and I don't recognize any as being on eBay before. I'm hoping he has at least one from 1997. I have 5/8 of the one card, and need just the Cyan to complete the 4 fronts but have never seen it.

adifran25

Aug 18, 2012
I no man, bonzaicollections has some really good McGwire's. I snatched up most of the lower end stuff he had up there, because those damn plates all went for over $200. But congrats on getting those, they are very rare!

And yea I was hoping no one saw that it was #25 /300, but I guess you did haha. And I put a bid on that plate tonight, just for $hits ans giggles, hoping someone would miss it and I could get it cheap. But it sounds like that won't happen ;-)

Dec 10, 2008
I'm going to start posting some of my pickups from the last month or so over this next coming week:

#/44
Aaron-red-Label.jpg

EX-Milestones.jpg

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Has anyone seen this card before:

It is oversized. It is etched wood like the Lumber Yard. It has a blank back.

KCListingService

May 22, 2013
Check out this one of a kind McGwire

It's 1990 Donruss Test Blue/White.

Most likely they will be going up for auction this next week on eBay & as a collector myself I am in awe of the story behind these.

Here are some links you can forward on & look at.

Youtube video: 1990 Donruss Blue/White Test Uncut Sheet - 100 Times As Rare As Aqueous! - YouTube

Here's the full sheet: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/kcebay/Shiny-Full-Sheet.JPG
Here's a close-up picture: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/kcebay/Blue-Mark-McGwire.JPG

Please contact me at [email protected] if you know any big collectors that would be interested in something of this rarity.

Thanks,

Garry

52toppsjon

Jun 27, 2013
Albany NY
A few of my McGwire items

Thought I would share a little of my collection, enjoy.

100_1506.jpg

Olympic signed ball, A's signed hat, and game used signed batting glove.

100_1507.jpg

Got this jersey personalized at a celebrity golf tourney in Lake Tahoe.

100_1508.jpg

Here is a photo signed along with a game ticket from his 39th HR his RC to break the record.

100_1509.jpg

100_1510.jpg

First Beckett cover, signed.

100_1514.jpg

100_1512.jpg100_1513.jpg

Bash Brothers signed poster. Regardless of what history says about these two, I was entertained. This is my favorite part of my collection, reminds me of being a kid.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Man nice stuff guys - love the countdown bane!

I haven't been around much but happened to check ebay when this guy popped up so made sure to grab it. Did the other one surface?

1a.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Never knew he was in goodwin. Great auto but sort of a goofy pic

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Nice pickup joe.

Just hate the fact that he gave the abbreviated "ballpark" graph for a pack issued auto. Come on Mark :(

Hilarious! I said the exact same thing then thought to myself - I bet you Don will be thinking this too.

Nice pickup on the Goodwin auto. I haven't picked one of those up yet but have noticed every single one is completely off-center. I did manage to grab one of the /13 mini's at least.

The funny thing is that I haven't been snooping around in so long that those '12 leaf buybacks weren't even on my radar until last week. I knocked the /5 off the second I noticed them but noticed there is an /20. Hopefully I didn't miss out on all those already!

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I'm looking to get a McGwire auto at a relatively descent price. I'm a big fan and have a ton of his cards but no auto. Anyone have one they would part with?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Re: Mark McGwire C.ollector's Thread

I have been a fan of his since his Oakland days. When the whole steroid scandal about him came out some years back all the cards shops around me practically were giving his cards away. So I pretty much bought everything I could find. All but the auto
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts