Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
Had a pretty good mail day today! I was obviously pleased to finally get the triple auto in the mail, but I'm actually a little more excited about the other three. They had proven tough to find, and I'm glad to finally get to cross them off my list, especially the tin that's still sealed.

Scan122.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Great stuff! The auto is nice, but I have to agree...the '90s stuff is most fun. That's $100 phone card is tough...I'm still looking for the Frank.

Dec 10, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Great stuff! The auto is nice, but I have to agree...the '90s stuff is most fun. That's $100 phone card is tough...I'm still looking for the Frank.

Thanks. That Gold Special Edition is damn tough too. I think I've only ever seen one before. I don't usually share my mail much, but thought today would be a special case. :D

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Had a pretty good mail day today! I was obviously pleased to finally get the triple auto in the mail, but I'm actually a little more excited about the other three. They had proven tough to find, and I'm glad to finally get to cross them off my list, especially the tin that's still sealed.

Scan122.jpg

Thats a serious mailday right there. Thats only the second time I've seen every one of those! Congratulations on the great pickups Jay!!

Dec 10, 2008
7guns said:
.....makes my mail not worthy of talking about ....

Thanks for the compliments, but I hope you really don't mean that. We love seeing all the cool and new items people add to their collections! Everybody has a different niche, so its nice to see what others are adding and how they are progressing!

Dec 10, 2008
onionring9 said:
Thats a serious mailday right there. Thats only the second time I've seen every one of those! Congratulations on the great pickups Jay!!

Thanks Joe! Now that I think about it, the same goes for me too. Only seen any of these once before. Jeez, I might have to categorize this as my best mailday ever then.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
This is the first time I've checked out this thread.... I've been missing some super nice stuff! Some amazing collections here.

Here is my Mark RC:

img232.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Casey,

Welcome aboard to the world of Mac........tou'll find a welcome home here......his 85 Rookie is still his prettiest!!!

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Mark McGwire Museum Ok you convinced me right to left:
97 Fleer Soaring, 03 Victory Blue 642/650, Pacific Platinum 187/199
Spx Cornerstones 021/500, 00 Metal Emerald, 98 Spx 4193/7000
99Ultimate Victory Bleacher Reachers.
Mac-1.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
Great cards Jerry. I love the 1997 Fleer. That blue on the 2003 Victory really pops. For a card #'d/650, you really dont see it too often. The oranges, blacks, and greens is about the only ones you see. I know Joe has the Red. I still remember not bidding on it because it was numbered #2 :lol: I thought I would just wait for #1, but guess what?? Never seen it, lol. I wish there was a way to scan foil front cards where they showed what the card really looked like.

hofautos: GREAT early Mac sig. I love those early cards where they have the early sigs as well.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Great cards Jerry. I love the 1997 Fleer. That blue on the 2003 Victory really pops. For a card #'d/650, you really dont see it too often. The oranges, blacks, and greens is about the only ones you see. I know Joe has the Red. I still remeber not bidding on it because it was numbered #2 :lol: I thought I would just wait for #1, but guess what?? Never seen it, lol. I wish there was a way to scan foil front cards where they showed what the card really looked like.

Thanks and I agree on the foil cards.Still looking for a red and a purple but the blue got me one more step closer to the set or rainbow if you would choose to call it that.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Casey, welcome to the McGwire crew!

Jerry, dam man serial number extravaganza! Another great set of pickups! Is that the glowing version of the '97 fleer?

hofautos, very nice autos! I always liked that Mac/Canseco picture

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
I believe it is the glowing version I have trouble telling I traded for it as if it is so I sure hope so. Joe Did you find anything on the ones in the E-mail I sent you?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This is a stretch but does anyone happen to need one of those '99 Upper Deck Tribute to McGwire 30 card lunchbox sets? Found a sealed one buried in my closet

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Went to the mailbox...got something I've been waiting years for! Seen one other of these a few years back, finally completed the set today!

GOLD!
w_1996--ud--dd--g.jpg
w_1996--ud--dd--s.jpg
w_1996--ud--dd.jpg

Members online

Latest posts