Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
IMG_1699.JPG

I regret selling this. It sold the morning ESPN announced the documentary. Would’ve crossed it over to PSA rather than sell, but PSA was closed at the time, I planned on buying a PSA 10 on eBay, and then the value skyrocketed the next day. Bad timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
View attachment 113753

I regret selling this. It sold the morning ESPN announced the documentary. Would’ve crossed it over to PSA rather than sell, but PSA was closed at the time, I planned on buying a PSA 10 on eBay, and then the value skyrocketed the next day. Bad timing.

So did you send it in to SGC to grade or you bought it like that?

Also do you think it sold for less then what a PSA 10 sold for around that time?

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
So did you send it in to SGC to grade or you bought it like that?

Also do you think it sold for less then what a PSA 10 sold for around that time?

Yes, I sent it in myself. It was when SGC was doing their marketing blitz while PSA was closed due to COVID-19.
I sold it for $650 BIN. I priced it with the highest comparable BGS 9.5. The PSA 10 was $900-1K at the time and my plan was to buy a PSA 10 after I sold it.
I didn’t want to take any chances sending mine to PSA not just because of the ridiculous wait times, but also because they engage in population control and I figured I’d get an undeserved 9. It’s definitely PSA 10 quality, IMO. Now, the PSA 10 is selling for around $4K. I wish I had it back. The documentary announcement made my whole plan backfire lol. I still gained $500, but lost in the grand scheme of things because I really just wanted a 10 for my PC. Now I don’t have anything close besides a few off-center dupes.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Anybody going for the project 2020 Mcgwires ? I don't know much about them but thinking about making a run on them.

I didn’t get the first two because I thought the whole set was corny, but I ended up ordering the rest after the hype on them got me worried that they would actually become rare under the guise that art collectors were taking interest and buying them up...such a joke. The print runs are high, and the first 3 cards are already resurfacing and prices plummeting from $1K down to $50 in a matter of two weeks lol.
I think these will be reselling at or below MSRP in a few months. There aren’t enough McGwire or “art” collectors to buy up the thousands that were printed.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Howdy all. Been a while since I posted. Sorry I have not been around. Won't get into details, but really having a tough go of things over here. Always trying to look on the bright side though, so hopefully things will turn around. Hope everyone else has been doing well....as well as you can at this time.

Thought I would give a quick heads up. I posted a bunch of absurdly rare.....well, pretty rare anyways.....Mac cards on ebay. I know the usual thing to do is to post here first and see if there is any interest from you guys, but I haven't exactly had my head on straight these days. Anyway, please do let me know if there is any interest. I'd gladly provide to a McGwire collector here than elsewhere. Let me know. My user name there is the same as here....delsant2.

Couple of cool ones, some 1999 Topps Chrome HR Refractors, including #70.
-97 Circa Rave /150
-97 EX Credentials /299
-97 Donruss Limited Star Factor Limited Exposure
-97 Bowmans Best Mirror Image Inverted Refractor
-00 Topps MVP Promo
-97 Gallery Peter Max auto /40....the legit serial numbered version.

Cheers everyone!

-Mark

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Yes, I sent it in myself. It was when SGC was doing their marketing blitz while PSA was closed due to COVID-19.
I sold it for $650 BIN. I priced it with the highest comparable BGS 9.5. The PSA 10 was $900-1K at the time and my plan was to buy a PSA 10 after I sold it.
I didn’t want to take any chances sending mine to PSA not just because of the ridiculous wait times, but also because they engage in population control and I figured I’d get an undeserved 9. It’s definitely PSA 10 quality, IMO. Now, the PSA 10 is selling for around $4K. I wish I had it back. The documentary announcement made my whole plan backfire lol. I still gained $500, but lost in the grand scheme of things because I really just wanted a 10 for my PC. Now I don’t have anything close besides a few off-center dupes.

That stinks. Bad timing for sure. Scares me the think about it when you say PSA does population control(which I feel maybe right). Its just theblucknod the draw. You have a for sure 10, bit they want to make sure 10s stay at a low pop, but one may get lucky and the pick yours for a 10. Its gambling really.

Members online

Latest posts