Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2339

Thread: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Now we're talkin sexy threads.

    shanks, your GU collection is looking really awesome man!
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9
    Now we're talkin sexy threads.

    shanks, your GU collection is looking really awesome man!
    I still have a way to go to catch up with you, Joe, but it's coming along pretty nicely....
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

  3. #18
    Senior Member Greg Cleveland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    4,557
     jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    I'll probably hold down the oddball/insignificant part of this thread, since I don't have any GU, autos, or numbered to whatever cards (well, a couple of numbered cards, but I'll save them for later.) so I'll start with a classic...

    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

    And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!



  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cleveland
    I'll probably hold down the oddball/insignificant part of this thread, since I don't have any GU, autos, or numbered to whatever cards (well, a couple of numbered cards, but I'll save them for later.) so I'll start with a classic...


    Nice Milkbone!!!!

    I still need to pick up that card.....
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Did you guys see this on over on the 90's thread? This guy was one of those "what the hell is this thing, I've never seen it cards". Supposedly one of the harder cards to find. Ended up getting it for 10.50!

    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  6. #21
    Senior Member Big Mac McGwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    BRICK NJ also known as The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,492
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    great picture for the front of the card. Nice pickup!

  7. #22
    Senior Member Big Mac McGwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    BRICK NJ also known as The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,492
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    McGwire's youngest brother wrote a book about his roid use.


    http://deadspin.com/5136177/mark-mcgwir ... ling-truth

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9
    Did you guys see this on over on the 90's thread? This guy was one of those "what the hell is this thing, I've never seen it cards". Supposedly one of the harder cards to find. Ended up getting it for 10.50!


    That's pretty cool......is it die-cut?
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,673
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Big Mac...

    I doubt you need these... I really do, but maybe one of your brethren might.

    Going through stuff for someone and found these two:
    Probably junk to you hard core Big Mac Collectors.
    [center:203x2py8]My Dan Uggla Collection[/center:203x2py8]
    [center:203x2py8]If you'd like to escape the real world, become a nonperson.[/center:203x2py8]

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MattinglyAlexander
    Big Mac...

    I doubt you need these... I really do, but maybe one of your brethren might.

    Going through stuff for someone and found these two:
    Probably junk to you hard core Big Mac Collectors.
    Ya know I actually don't have that one on the right. PM Sent!
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shanks25
    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9
    Did you guys see this on over on the 90's thread? This guy was one of those "what the hell is this thing, I've never seen it cards". Supposedly one of the harder cards to find. Ended up getting it for 10.50!


    That's pretty cool......is it die-cut?
    sure is! You're supposed to get 8 of them. They fit together and make a cube. Hence sportsCUBZ. I thought it was slang for cubs not cubes!
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Some of the latest additions:

    Added 10+ of the foil blank back proofs from Topps/Bowman (here's one example)



    With this addition I'm down to 2 missing variations of this hodgepodge variation subset:



    Found one of the missing "error" mystery finest cards (marked R but has no refraction)



    With these I'm down to only needing 9 more of the 90 card variation set!




    Located a gray back vs teal back variation for the Prime Nine's




    And finally two Ovation cards that have evaded me for years



    With this one, I only need 2 more of the /25 to have all 5 so then I have the base, silver and gold variations!
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 44 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

  13. #28
    Senior Member Big Mac McGwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    BRICK NJ also known as The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    4,492
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    great pickups joe! look what i just found on ebay.....and look at the price i got it for....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0157053824

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac McGwire
    great pickups joe! look what i just found on ebay.....and look at the price i got it for....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0157053824


    You really suck............no, seriously, I have $200 in my paypal account waiting to be spent.......I didn't see that....
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by onionring9
    Some of the latest additions:

    Added 10+ of the foil blank back proofs from Topps/Bowman (here's one example)



    With this addition I'm down to 2 missing variations of this hodgepodge variation subset:



    Found one of the missing "error" mystery finest cards (marked R but has no refraction)



    With these I'm down to only needing 9 more of the 90 card variation set!




    Located a gray back vs teal back variation for the Prime Nine's




    And finally two Ovation cards that have evaded me for years



    With this one, I only need 2 more of the /25 to have all 5 so then I have the base, silver and gold variations!

    Awesome pickups!!!!


    Only 9 more to complete the 90-card set???? Holy Schnikes!!!!
    Currently Collecting:
    2000 Fleer Club 3000 Cards - PLEASE PM me if you have any!!!!!
    Retired / HOF GU and Autos
    McGwire Game Used Cards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •