Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got this RARE bad boy in the mail today. I know Cards Fan , who is my buddy Karl has one, but besides seeing his i never seen this card anywhere. I got it off ebay with a $199 BIN which is a steal. As far as i know, the first 25 had the 70 inscription added to them. Even the ones without the inscription are hard to come by even though there is a total print run of 70. So in total, there is a 70 print run and the first 25 got the "70HRS" inscription. It goes great with the others.

Here it is.... 2003 Mark Of Greatness /70 with the "70HRS" inscription....
MOG.jpg

and goes good along with these....
mog3.jpg

mog1.jpg

mog2.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure you guys probably saw it, but I just won a sweet mcgwire card a few days ago.....a definate first for my Mac collection....

I don't want to jinx things so I'll scan when it arrives...

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's something I forgot about, but came across when I was digging through a box where I'm storing autographed balls (until I have a better place to display them!)

Rawlings Mini Mitt made in 1999 or so. Bought it at Target, but I can't remember how much it was. There were about 6 or so available, and I bought the Mac and a Griffey (I'll post that in the Griffey thread.) It has his name on the thumb, but the pics don't show it.

Front

mac1-1.jpg

Back

mac2-1.jpg

And with a ball to give some perspective...

mac3.jpg

It also came with a card that I though I scanned the other day when I was scanning Mac cards, but I can't find it. I'll look again.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
A couple I have:

This one was my original "game-used" for McGwire's place in my 500 HR Club collection. It's technically not what most would consider a true GU but it worked for me.
2001 UD SPx Ankiel/McGwire GU base combo
mcgwiregu.jpg

This one came from the collection of member jam92102 who has posted a little here, but he is much more active on TCC.

2001 Absolute Memorabilia Home Opener Souvenirs GU base /400
bigmacbasegu.jpg

It is now my key McGwire in the 500 HR Club collection. If anyone needs the dual with Ankiel for their collection let me know.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just a heads up, I'd stay away from those fleer proof cards from mr.pirateninja

I bought two to see what they were. So far I've gotten one and it was cut with scissors. The printing looks like it was done with a home printer too. I'm not a pro on these, but I do not think these are legit printer proofs from the company itself.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Here's one of my all-time favorites. Can't find em anymore. I've only seen three of the other ones, and only one of them had both bat pieces in tact. Apparently that was a huge issue with these (though I have never seen a Sosa/McGwire with a broken bat - I put that picture there too for comparison)

w_2002--ud--great_connections--ruth.jpg

w_2002--ud--great_connections--sosa.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
nice card. i got that card somewhere. Here is a favorite. it has a piece of HR # 9 on it. One of the few GU cards thats actually used pieces from a specific ball.

mac1.jpg

Thats one of the last 7 GU cards I need to have collected all the non-auto ones!

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
You guys have collections I would die for!!!! Thanks so much for making this thread. I'll be scanning some in the near future to join the Mcgwire club! :)

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
jam92102 said:
You guys have collections I would die for!!!! Thanks so much for making this thread. I'll be scanning some in the near future to join the Mcgwire club! :)

Welcome aboard........always good to see more Mac collectors....

Members online