Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
docdw25 said:
stangy24 said:
Hey Guys,

Need to raise funds for a bigger fish, so I'm putting up some 90's & 00's inserts up FS. There are a couple of Mac's some of you may need for your PC's:

scan0040.jpg

scan0042.jpg

scan0043.jpg

If you need them, please PM me, otherwise check out the post on the sell/trade board I've started...

Thanks!

I thought you sold the Platinum Medallion card. Last time I made an offer you said you had an offer for $60 on it.

I did, but the guy bailed on me. If it goes to a good Big Mac home, I'll have no problem taking less for it...

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
stangy24 said:
docdw25 said:
stangy24 said:
Hey Guys,

Need to raise funds for a bigger fish, so I'm putting up some 90's & 00's inserts up FS. There are a couple of Mac's some of you may need for your PC's:

scan0040.jpg

scan0042.jpg

scan0043.jpg

If you need them, please PM me, otherwise check out the post on the sell/trade board I've started...

Thanks!

I thought you sold the Platinum Medallion card. Last time I made an offer you said you had an offer for $60 on it.

I did, but the guy bailed on me. If it goes to a good Big Mac home, I'll have no problem taking less for it...

That sucks. Hope you can find a good home for it. I've got my eye on something bigger or I'd make an offer.

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
docdw25 said:
stangy24 said:
docdw25 said:
stangy24 said:
Hey Guys,

scan0040.jpg

scan0042.jpg

scan0043.jpg

Thanks!

That sucks. Hope you can find a good home for it. I've got my eye on something bigger or I'd make an offer.

No prob... Don't think I'll have a problem moving it...

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
Huge pick up just arrived today................

2002-Mac-Ruth.jpg

WOW!!!! Congrats! I've been watching that card and debating on pulling the trigger........did he come down much on it?????

My latest pickup????? New sig!!!!!!!!!!!!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
shanks25 said:
docdw25 said:

2002-Mac-Ruth.jpg

WOW!!!! Congrats! I've been watching that card and debating on pulling the trigger........did he come down much on it?????

My latest pickup????? New sig!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I got a pretty good deal with the bing cash back + my ebay bucks = $60 off the BIN price

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Nice work!!! Like I said, I was considering it strongly........if I didn't just spend $150 on an ebay spree for my HOF GU collection, I would have in a heartbeat.

Glad to see it went to a good home!!

docdw25 said:

2002-Mac-Ruth.jpg

GREAT PICKUP!! I have the sosa/mcgwire from that set, always have wanted the ruth. I need to get me one of those. Very very envious!! :eek:
shanks25 said:
Nice work!!! Like I said, I was considering it strongly........if I didn't just spend $150 on an ebay spree for my HOF GU collection, I would have in a heartbeat.

Shanks, can you please send me a link so i can copy that custom ginter McGwire! That thing is GORGEOUS!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
docdw25 said:

2002-Mac-Ruth.jpg

GREAT PICKUP!! I have the sosa/mcgwire from that set, always have wanted the ruth. I need to get me one of those. Very very envious!! :eek:
shanks25 said:

Shanks, can you please send me a link so i can copy that custom ginter McGwire! That thing is GORGEOUS!

PM sent

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
shanks25 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
docdw25 said:

2002-Mac-Ruth.jpg

shanks25 said:

PM sent

I need the Sosa/McGwire version but I've wanted this card ever since I knew it existed. I can't stop looking at it.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Anyone looking for a 1993 Finest refractor? I've been buying a few McGwire cards from a guy selling his collection. He has a PSA 10 and I think 2 PSA 9 Finest refractors he is looking to sell. If you are interested let me know and I will pass his email along to you.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Got this I am wondering about 1998 Topps Finest No-Protectors refractor 145R without the R.All appeareances it looks like a refractorwhen looking at it.

001-1.jpg 002-1.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
7guns said:
Got this I am wondering about 1998 Topps Finest No-Protectors refractor 145R without the R.All appeareances it looks like a refractorwhen looking at it.

001-1.jpg 002-1.jpg

Topps was terrible at labeling the refractor cards in 1998. Do you own the regular refractor version with the protector still attached? If so check and see if both cards have the refractor finish on both front and back.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just dropping in and saying hi.

I'm about 3 weeks behind in emails, site updates/adding Jeff to our group and it's not looking like I'm going to have that time anytime soon either. Its been so crazy I haven't even gotten to scour FCB or Ebay in the last 3 weeks.

Hope everything is going good for everybody around here!

PS. I apologize for all the emails I haven't responded to yet!!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Codasco07 said:
Finally landed one of these!
P5060002.jpg

The picture is from his 61st HR on Sept. 7, 1998. I was at that game.

Very nice card. Where did you get it? That's the last missing link auto I need.

Members online

Latest posts