Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

been backed up with mail from the last few weeks.

Got these off ebay

Picture.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture007-3.jpg

Got these in person this week when the Cardinals came into Philadelphia to play the Phills.

500 Full Ticket & 70th HR of 98 Full Ticket
Picture008.jpg

18x24 Kings and Their Castles Poster
may4-5-6cardsandphills045.jpg

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
docdw25 said:
Codasco07 said:
Finally landed one of these!
P5060002.jpg

The picture is from his 61st HR on Sept. 7, 1998. I was at that game.

Very nice card. Where did you get it? That's the last missing link auto I need.

On eBay. Kind of. I saw it sold in completed listings for $165 so I emailed the seller to ask for the buyer's contact info so I could work out a deal with him/her since I've been looking for this particular card for awhile. Obviously $165 is a great price so I figured I could pay a premium and the buyer would be happy with the quick flip. The original seller ended up working something out with the buyer for a different McGwire auto and I bought this one for $180 (Still a great price IMO).

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
I was curious if anyone knew anything about the 1989 Key Food issue discs. It is identical to the superstar, weis market, and tetley tea discs; however, it says Key Food on it. I only have one other one and i just picked up another by chance the other day in a lot I purchased off ebay for like $1. It was a bunch of Big Mac cards with no pictures included, and it was one of the cards that came in the lot. I was just curious if anyone knew anything about how many they might have printed or anything as I never really have seen these for sale other than the two I have.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
That is a great bat!! That being said, you should PROBABLY be hit with it for using the "word" prolly. Seriously, don't be that guy.

nice bat though.

Big Mac McGwire said:
I posted this in its own thread because it is prolly now in my top 3 of favorite sports pieces i own.

Finally, the elusive beast comes home to rest.

An authentic 2001 Game used signed HR McGwire Bat

Career HR # 576 , hit in Cinncinatti on August 21,2001

mac2001002.png
mac2001004.png
mac2001006.png
mac2001005.png
mac2001011.png
mac2001012.png
mac2001013.png

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
I posted this in its own thread because it is prolly now in my top 3 of favorite sports pieces i own.

Finally, the elusive beast comes home to rest.

An authentic 2001 Game used signed HR McGwire Bat

Career HR # 576 , hit in Cinncinatti on August 21,2001

Haven't checked the thread for some time. That bat is awesome!!! Great pick up.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Any interest in a 1998 Epix Season Emerald McGwire? I know very little about this card so any info on it would be nice.

zan

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Zan said:
Any interest in a 1998 Epix Season Emerald McGwire? I know very little about this card so any info on it would be nice.

zan

The Epix Season emerald has the highest bv of all the emerald epix cards

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website (thank you docdw25 for introducing me to this site). I am a young fellow who loved watching McGwire while I was growing up. He is, despite all of the steriod stuff, my favorite player ever! In the past few years I had begun to put together a McGwire card collection. I am always looking to add to my collection, but I have to balance it with being young and not having much money to spend. Anyway, I wanted to say hello and hopefully there are a couple of nice fellows here who could help me build up my collection (I am trying to put together a huge G/U collection of his in particular as well as find that darn 85 Chong Modesto Error card). I would love to help anyone out here as well, but I do not have many duplicates of anything very worth while. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Regards,

Mark

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
delsant2 said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website (thank you docdw25 for introducing me to this site). I am a young fellow who loved watching McGwire while I was growing up. He is, despite all of the steriod stuff, my favorite player ever! In the past few years I had begun to put together a McGwire card collection. I am always looking to add to my collection, but I have to balance it with being young and not having much money to spend. Anyway, I wanted to say hello and hopefully there are a couple of nice fellows here who could help me build up my collection (I am trying to put together a huge G/U collection of his in particular as well as find that darn 85 Chong Modesto Error card). I would love to help anyone out here as well, but I do not have many duplicates of anything very worth while. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Regards,

Mark

Welcome to the board Mark! Always nice to have another McGwire collector on board. There are some amazing McGwire collections on here. I recommend looking back through this thread to see some of the amazing cards and autos.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I looked, this guy Big Mac McGwire has some ridiculous stuff! Really good stuff here. I hate sounding like such a newbie, but how do you directly respond to someone's post, like you did to my first one?

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
delsant2 said:
I looked, this guy Big Mac McGwire has some ridiculous stuff! Really good stuff here. I hate sounding like such a newbie, but how do you directly respond to someone's post, like you did to my first one?

Just use the "quote" button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote

1998-PinnacleAPMU.jpg

delsant2

May 29, 2010
docdw25 said:
delsant2 said:

Just use the "quote" button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote

1998-PinnacleAPMU.jpg

alright, got it thanks!

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
delsant2 said:

Whoa, I just sold you some McGwire Chase for 70 cards and you join FCB. Welcome to the boards.