Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
doc, you're really getting one over on me....but I'll give ya $100 for the lot. I'm just feeling generous.

:) AMAZING picture. I don't think I've ever seen so many Mcgwire cards in one place!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Do you guys have all the Home Run cards from 99 Topps?

My buddy and I always talked about opening a shop and having a framed set of them as the back drop behind the counter.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
tonsofcommons said:
Do you guys have all the Home Run cards from 99 Topps?

My buddy and I always talked about opening a shop and having a framed set of them as the back drop behind the counter.

I have all the topps hr cards but not even close on the topps chrome base and don't even own a chrome hr refractor card.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
jam92102 said:
doc, you're really getting one over on me....but I'll give ya $100 for the lot. I'm just feeling generous.

:) AMAZING picture. I don't think I've ever seen so many Mcgwire cards in one place!

I don't think I'll be offering the lot up for any Black Friday deals anytime soon. :lol:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
jam92102 said:

I don't think I'll be offering the lot up for any Black Friday deals anytime soon. :lol:

cyber monday?

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
docdw25 said:
jam92102 said:

cyber monday?

Good one. :lol:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I thought my three full boxes were impressive.....

Wow, you guys sure know how to make a guy feel inadequate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

shanks25 said:

Come on now shanks, you are Everything but inadequate. None of us on this site would last a day in ruggid terrain. You are Rambo/arnold from the predator movie. Your skills with weapons and the ability to make skin coats and bone ornaments dwarf any card in this thread. ?

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
shanks25 said:

Come on now shanks, you are Everything but inadequate. None of us on this site would last a day in ruggid terrain. You are Rambo/arnold from the predator movie. Your skills with weapons and the ability to make skin coats and bone ornaments dwarf any card in this thread. ?

Now that is a compliment!

If you don't mind, that will now be my sig.....

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
shanks25 said:

Just wait. I'm sure Joe has a warehouse full of McGwire cards. Can't wait to see his collection. :D

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
any of you BigMac guys have this?

1998 Fleer/Skybox players choice sheet
JoseNFT127.jpg

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I have one of those. They handed them out towards the end of the season that year to all kids at MLB games that day.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
Apparently posted this in the wrong thread, just an FYI

I decided to buy some more of the sportkings cards. One of them I bought was the one advertised as the gold (#/3). I hesitated because a) it's sportkings and b) you can't see the difference on the front and had never seen the back of one.

Sure enough it was the gold, but the only way you can tell is the number 186 is replaced on the back.

This is just an FYI if anybody else is looking for these.

Nice pick up! I have one of these myself, and I love it.

I thought I'd point out that there is actually a difference in the fronts of these two cards as well. The gold mini #/3 has a gold background, where the regular version has a more greenish tint to it.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Got this beauty from Ebay today. My second certified Mcgwire Auto. These won't cause me a divorce, whereas paying some of the prices for the UD ones would!! :lol:

mcgwireauto.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Got this beauty as well from ebay today. Whenever you guys say somethings real I at least throw a bid out on it to see if I can get it. I don't have the eye for authenticity you all have. I appreciate you guys always letting us know which ones are real.

Scan-101203-0001.jpg

Here's the coa that came with it, not that it really matters. :p

Scan-101203-0002.jpg

jam92102 said:
Got this beauty as well from ebay today. Whenever you guys say somethings real I at least throw a bid out on it to see if I can get it. I don't have the eye for authenticity you all have. I appreciate you guys always letting us know which ones are real.

Scan-101203-0001.jpg

Here's the coa that came with it, not that it really matters. :p

Scan-101203-0002.jpg

Very real and very nice!!! 99.9 that it was signed in the first few weeks of spring training during the practices when he would line people up and take his time signing. very nice. How much it cost you?

Members online

Latest posts