Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Love finding new cards!

John alerted me to this new jumbo card I hadn't seen before. Looks like the jumbo version of the AS8

f-23340.jpg
b-23340.jpg

DId ya get it?

Congrats Joe on the future baby!

Jam,
I know it's insanely rare and gorgeous, but for about 200$ more bucks i can get a full bat. Now don't get me wrong, the card is an ABSOLUTE WHALE of SICK
Card, but i mean, what would you rather have, i know it's 3/4, but a full game used bat thats signed, and just the barrel?
Im not doing a towel job because i didn get it. I actually put a max bid in of 750, but think about it, logically it don't make sense, but
i hope someone on here got and not some dude thats gonna ross

I have a friend who is also a game used bat collector. Im saving up to buy a signed game used 95' bat of Mac's for about 1150$. 95' for whatever the reason is a very hard bat to find and it would go perfect with the year sequence i got goin.

ewess77

Jul 23, 2010
1988 MERCURY NEWS MCGWIRE

I KEEP ASKING...BUT I KNOW ONE DAY THE RIGHT PERSON WILL READ!

I REALLY WANT THE 1988 SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS MCGWIRE AND/OR 1989 LEAG BLUECHIP MCGWIRE!!!

I NEED THESE 2 CARDS IN MY MAC COLLECTION!! $$$$$

Last edited:
I KEEP ASKING...BUT I KNOW ONE DAY THE RIGHT PERSON WILL READ!

I REALLY WANT THE 1988 SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS MCGWIRE AND/OR 1989 LEAG BLUECHIP MCGWIRE!!!

I NEED THESE 2 CARDS IN MY MAC COLLECTION!! $$$$$

Chances are mcgwiremuseum or onionring
have it. They both have insane MAC card collections.
If they do have it and they doules, maybe you can work
something out. If they dont have doubles then
you can scream all you want, your still gona be cardless.
Ill check the web site he uses and ill get back to ya:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Is that a 1988 Score Promo in your avatar ewess77?? Nice! I have a few: Dawson, Boggs, Larkin, but have never seen a McGwire

ewess77

Jul 23, 2010
Thank you!! The seller called it a Rhodamine Variation. It lacks his name on front and his stats on back. Hopefully not toxic given the name! I also have a variation that is normal on front but has all 0's listed for his 1987 stats. They called that card a Proof.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Finally back!

Does anyone have an extra 2000 Topps Tek McGwire Green? I have a Blue I can trade.

Thanks,

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, great card, I have been looking for the one with the name on the front and 0's on the back for 1987 for a while with no luck. Definitely a good find

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
So im not the only one to create McGwire on the show huh lmao. I used a baseball card to build him exactly as he was in 1989 (my favorite A's Year, great team, and they won the series) Lol I built him as mainly a power hitter and his stats ended up pretty close to the real McGwires from 89. It was aweome, im not sure which batting stance to use, I think i put it on generic 25

So im not the only one to create McGwire on the show huh lmao. I used a baseball card to build him exactly as he was in 1989 (my favorite A's Year, great team, and they won the series) Lol I built him as mainly a power hitter and his stats ended up pretty close to the real McGwires from 89. It was aweome, im not sure which batting stance to use, I think i put it on generic 25

yea man i finally got around to creating him. i was hesitant
about making him cause i was worried they wouldnt have batting stance
that looked his. Im a stickler for batting stances. thats what makes the
game realistic. i wanted to make some trades to make some trades
to add some "Moneyball" era players. i added J.Damon, J.Giambi,
B.Zito, T.Hudson, and then players im a fan of/ Harper, Longoria, Ian Desmond.

Back to 89' , if i was 6yrs old then that means
you werent born yet lol

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just saw a big time McGwire listed on the bay. Don't know how you guys are about posting links to live auctions, so I'll let you find it.

I haven't even been on ebay in what feels like months. Between my office and my daughter being born I don't have time for my hobbies anymore.

What did I miss out on?

Dec 10, 2008
I haven't even been on ebay in what feels like months. Between my office and my daughter being born I don't have time for my hobbies anymore.

What did I miss out on?

Congrats Joe! Nice to hear your baby finally showed up! Life changing, right? It's such an awesome experience. You'll be back in it in due time, I took a pretty long break myself. Hope everything is going great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts