Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
IMG_0017.JPG
First two 1/1 First one hand munbered the mini mini is stamped in silver on a big mini kick right now. 3rd one hand numbered 22/25 red Brooklyn back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

dictoresno

Sep 2, 2017
NJ
I ended up trading the PSA 10 1985 Topps McGwire I pack pulled for two Derek Jeter rookie cards (PSA 10 Stadium Club Murphy and PSA 8 SP Foil) and cash on top. I then picked this up for much cheaper than current Ebay prices as I've always wanted it. I still have my PSA 9 1985 Topps to fill in the gap after trading the 10 away.

hJLlSnbl.jpg

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Last week was ceramic central over here lol. Didn't know about these as a kid. Personally, I hate these because they fall into my "gimmick card" category and are fragile, but, I'm OCD and they're technically on the checklist, so I have to have them. SMH. I also hate any card that has retro/re-print variations, coins, 99 bazillion refractor color variations, Broder, and jumbo/micro-sized cards (even though I still buy them all).

ceramic.JPG

Last edited:

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
image.jpg

Looking good everyone glad to know I am not the only one spending all my money.Snagged this one on eBay 85.00 dlvd Hand numbered 3/5

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I have seen the ceramic cards before but I didn't realize Topps actually made them. Assuming they were made the same time as the actual cards, it is a unique pickup that is rarer from the junk wax era.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I have seen the ceramic cards before but I didn't realize Topps actually made them. Assuming they were made the same time as the actual cards, it is a unique pickup that is rarer from the junk wax era.

They were authorized by Topps but manufactured by R&N in China. I hope I don't drop any of them. lol

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Last week was ceramic central over here lol. Didn't know about these as a kid. Personally, I hate these because they fall into my "gimmick card" category and are fragile, but, I'm OCD and they're technically on the checklist, so I have to have them. SMH. I also hate any card that has retro/re-print variations, coins, 99 bazillion refractor color variations, Broder, and jumbo/micro-sized cards (even though I still buy them all).

View attachment 74623

Nice! are those the '98 platinum's?

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I have 3 of the ceramic cards might chase the next if I am no to broke.

Yeah, I'm all over the place. I try to complete each year in order, and then there's always a distraction like these and ask myself 'What if these never pop up again?" lol so then I binge on weird stuff like this. Next week I will either finish off what's missing from the 80's (if I can find them all), or get into some of the 2014-17 stuff. Depends on my mood. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts