Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
I finally completed the 2017 Dynasty /10. I still need to upgrade #1 to a 3 color jersey.
e2ea12e734d463c948b84a363ad8d8eb.jpg

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
So close! They sure do get expensive! Would love to see all the years completed, side by side! Do you plan to grade them?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
They are about the only thing I don't grade. That would start another challenge because they would all have to be 9.5s. If the card comes in a sealed case from the manufacturer then I don't open.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
They are about the only thing I don't grade. That would start another challenge because they would all have to be 9.5s. If the card comes in a sealed case from the manufacturer then I don't open.

That’s why I can’t do Beckett for grading, I wanna see a 10 on the label! LOL But there are pros and cons to BGS and PSA...I really want to start knocking out the newer stuff. As soon as I’m done / caught up with 2018, I’m gonna start with 2014 and work up to the 2017.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
That’s why I can’t do Beckett for grading, I wanna see a 10 on the label! LOL But there are pros and cons to BGS and PSA...I really want to start knocking out the newer stuff. As soon as I’m done / caught up with 2018, I’m gonna start with 2014 and work up to the 2017.

The sad reality is I love the BGS cases. I can't imagine more than 50-75% would come back 9.5 w 10 auto. So I would be back to searching for way too many.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
My cards back from BGS. Obviously thrilled with the Five Star "big "Mac" inscription coming back 9.5. Every Barry Colla I've seen didn't look good, so I can't complain about 8.5. I was disappointed the Stadium Club 1/1 came back 8.5, but it is a 1/1 so it is what it is.
df9fcd0b0870fb8fe7e9d0bfebfdb8bd.jpg

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
So I know we all get caught up in the chase for high end or certain things for our collection and some cards just get overlooked because they are low end and we never do go back and get them. I have amassed almost 700 dups. In a way to pay it forward to every one who has helped me out with good deals and cards to fill gaps some of these even being free I would like to help you fellow Mac collectors out in the same way, if you see something in my duplicates on the Pc list that you need let me know these will be free to you to help show my appreciation to you all. I will do this for about two weeks to give you all time as we are all busy. First come first served. Happy Hunting to you all.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
Did you send them or get them graded. Very nice both cards.
I purchased both graded. I have a couple 1985 Topps that have been at BGS since the National (July 2017). Based on my grading success, they will likely come back 8 or lower because I missed something that every other grader that saw them before made them pass. Where are your new pics?

Members online

Latest posts