Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2718

Thread: Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7guns View Post
    Very nice cards would look better in BGS slabs LOL for real though you keep the Psa I will take the BGS.
    Haha deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

PSA 10 ALL-TIME FINEST #5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this 9.5 to go with his brother the 10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180422_011101-1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	870.0 KB 
ID:	79368

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry, you’ve been on a spree lately! Nice work.

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m looking for an ‘87 Donruss #46 with the INVERTED BACK in a PSA 10, or a ridiculously MINT raw card.

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciMac View Post
    I’m looking for an ‘87 Donruss #46 with the INVERTED BACK in a PSA 10, or a ridiculously MINT raw card.

That is one set that isn't often mint. I'm not even familiar with the inverted back version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
    That is one set that isn't often mint. I'm not even familiar with the inverted back version.

The only difference is if you flip the card over, the stats are on the right side like the Leaf version. I don’t think most people or even graders notice. There were a whole bunch of PSA 10’s selling for around $20-30 over the past 6-8 months, but I’ve noticed that there aren’t many on the market, and I haven’t seen anything under $60 for a standard PSA 10 as of late.

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a comparison. Inverted back on the right. That’s actually the first McGwire I ever bought/owned. I think I was 6-7 when I bought it. Crazy that I still have it, even though it’s pretty worn.

Name:	Image1524492819.326306.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	272.0 KB 
ID:	79386

Name:	Image1524492839.121924.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	79387

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be sending this stuff to PSA. Cool little backstory on these items...The ‘85 Modesto card is going back hopefully for a PSA 10. Modesto is my hometown. The ‘86 Burger King auto was a Christmas gift from my dad in ‘88-89. He bought it from Modesto Coin Center (pops collected coins). Bob Swain was the owner. Mark lived with Bob while he was playing for Modesto. I got the ball signed at Spring Training ‘93. Bought a separate ball just for him to sign, and he didn’t even sign the sweet spot lol I was supposed to get his auto at ‘92 Spring Training...CRAZY STORY...you guys know McGwire’s infamous ‘92 Bowman card. I was right there attempting to get the auto before the photographers showed up. Mark was hitting a bucket of balls into the backstop, just him and the hitting coach, so I went over with my dad. We were the only ones that saw him initially. We watched him hit for about 10 minutes. I got my ball and pen ready, but waited patiently for him to finish the bucket before asking. As he finished, I asked at the exact time the photographers ran up. He said, “Not right now, buddy.” I could tell he didn’t want to deal with the media. If he stopped for me, he’d have to stop for them. He went right back to hitting another bucket of balls and that’s the photo you see on his ‘92 Bowman. I was there. No joke. Fortunately I got the auto the next year! LOL

Name:	Image1524495298.154497.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	79388

Name:	Image1524495315.637390.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	79389

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will be sending this stuff to PSA. Cool little backstory on these items...The ‘85 Modesto card is going back hopefully for a PSA 10. Modesto is my hometown. The ‘86 Burger King auto was a Christmas gift from my dad in ‘88-89. He bought it from Modesto Coin Center (pops collected coins). Bob Swain was the owner. Mark lived with Bob while he was playing for Modesto. I got the ball signed at Spring Training ‘93. Bought a separate ball just for him to sign, and he didn’t even sign the sweet spot lol I was supposed to get his auto at ‘92 Spring Training...CRAZY STORY...you guys know McGwire’s infamous ‘92 Bowman card. I was right there attempting to get the auto before the photographers showed up. Mark was hitting a bucket of balls into the backstop, just him and the hitting coach, so I went over with my dad. We were the only ones that saw him initially. We watched him hit for about 10 minutes. I got my ball and pen ready, but waited patiently for him to finish the bucket before asking. As he finished, I asked at the exact time the photographers ran up. He said, “Not right now, buddy.” I could tell he didn’t want to deal with the media. If he stopped for me, he’d have to stop for them. He went right back to hitting another bucket of balls and that’s the photo you see on his ‘92 Bowman. I was there. No joke. Fortunately I got the auto the next year! LOL

Name:	Image1524495298.154497.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	79388

Name:	Image1524495315.637390.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	79389

Awesome story. Too bad cell phones weren't what they are or you would probably have pics and/or video of the Bowman photoshoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcook View Post
    Awesome story. Too bad cell phones weren't what they are or you would probably have pics and/or video of the Bowman photoshoot.

So true!!! The Bowman incident was a mid-morning workout/batting practice. I don’t think the game started for another 2-3 hours, so my mom stayed at our motel for the B.P., otherwise I know she would’ve taken pics. She took pics of everything on those trips. I’ll have to try to dig up the old prints one of these days and see if there’s anything good. I also turned down being the Cubs’ batboy for a doubleheader in ‘93. I was shy and afraid of goofing up. Some guy from the team literally picked me and my friend out of the stands. I regret that so much. Got Ryne Sandberg’s auto in ‘94 as well, but I didn’t get a batboy offer that year haha!

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry, you’ve been on a spree lately! Nice work.

Thanks Last of a spree tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7guns View Post
    Thanks Last of a spree tonight
    Looking forward to it! (As I rub my hands together like Birdman lol)

MARK MCGWIRE COLLECTOR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished the raid should be here Friday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only difference is if you flip the card over, the stats are on the right side like the Leaf version. I don’t think most people or even graders notice. There were a whole bunch of PSA 10’s selling for around $20-30 over the past 6-8 months, but I’ve noticed that there aren’t many on the market, and I haven’t seen anything under $60 for a standard PSA 10 as of late.

Inverted backs were Factory Set cards and regular packs were pack issued right? Been a long time since I've thought about that variation. Maybe it was the other way around.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2016 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Inverted backs were Factory Set cards and regular packs were pack issued right? Been a long time since I've thought about that variation. Maybe it was the other way around.
    That is correct.

By the way, I have some fun McGwire stuff that recently found a home over here in the past few months. Now that tax season is over, I can get back posting on the boards here a bit! Pics to come!

Cheers,

Mark