Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Codasco07 said:
delsant2 said:
I looked, this guy Big Mac McGwire has some ridiculous stuff! Really good stuff here. I hate sounding like such a newbie, but how do you directly respond to someone's post, like you did to my first one?

Whoa, I just sold you some McGwire Chase for 70 cards and you join FCB. Welcome to the boards.

Thank you! This is a great board, lot of great collectors here!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
7guns said:
Dang you Doc Very Nice Now I go and drool. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Congrats

Got bored so I thought I would post some pictures. I've had the Artist proofs and Museum cards. Just finished the Bowman's best set. Looks good together.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I though I would share a few of my favorite autographed McGwire items with you. I know it's not much, but I am just beginning to put together my collection. It is really nice to be a part of this board. Everyone is very nice and helpful!

IMG_3318.jpg
IMG_3319.jpg
IMG_3320.jpg
IMG_3323.jpg

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Favorite Inserts

IMG_3324.jpg

Foul Pole cards are my favorites. Also, Red holoview was tough to get hold of.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Favorite Game Used Cards

001.jpg

Ohh and I forgot to add the Fleer Leagcy Hot Glove card. Thats a cool one too, but I am sure everyone knows what it looks like!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
delsant2 said:
Favorite Game Used Cards

001.jpg

Ohh and I forgot to add the Fleer Leagcy Hot Glove card. Thats a cool one too, but I am sure everyone knows what it looks like!

The Ruth/McGwire and the Black Diamond are two of my favorite GU cards as well.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I am trying to put together a few collections of G/U cards.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Missing the 02 Ultimate Collection Tier 1 Gold Jersey #'d/50
Missing the 01 Absolute Mem Home Openers Souvenirs Quad "Home Run" #'d/25 of card #OD-26

The scans look so sad with those holes where the cards should be :cry:

Thanks for letting me share my things with you all! I know they are nothing too special, but I am working on creating a great collection.

you have some nice stuff. Welcome to the thread. I have 1 question for you regarding your signed bat.

1. Was it signed in front of you?

if it was not, i would say that the autograph is a fake.

if it was signed in front of you i would say it is interesting because the "g" in mcgwire is very very uncharacteristic of his follow through with the g's stroke.

just an obsevation.

Glad to have a new member to the board!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
docdw25 said:
Also got this

I dont know how i missed that. :evil:

Rest assured, it will not happen again!! You got a rare one for a great price!

I appreciate you letting this one slip through. :lol:

You have so many autos I don't think you'll miss this one.

Today i traded my mcgwire 2000 signed game used bat along with cash for something that i can now say i have.

I showed everyone the bat i got signed at spring training, it was 98 bat that i thought was game used, turns out the bat was doctored from the company i got it from. But , since i got it signed at spring training, the typical mcgwire collector would not know the difference. I traded that bat and cash for the magical 2001 Hr bat. So, i was still missing a legitimate game used 98 mcgwire bat. They are very rare, yea you might have seen them on ebay, but 99.9 of them were not used, and were stolen out of mcgwires locker during the crazyness that season. To find one, with great provence, is very very rare. Today i obtained a 98 SIGNED game used bat that was given to McGwire's former alaskian league coach Jim Diaz. He was the coach in 98 at San Diego State. When the cardinals came into San Diego Diaz was in the cardinals locker room and mcgwire gave him this bat. The bat comes with a signed letter from him. This is as good as it gets. And i present to you, another item crossed off my bucket list.....FINALLY...a REAL 1998 Game Used Autograph Mark McGwire Baseball Bat.....

Let the drooling begin....

3mac021.png
3mac034.png
3mac036.png
3mac022.png
3mac018.png
3mac038.png

Don't let the light coat of pine tar fool you.....

This bat has taken a BASHING!!!!.......This is what you HOPE for when you aquire a McGwire bat , specifically a 98, one that shows Use, and this one shows AWSOME use!!

3mac030.png

And here are some family shots of him joining his siblings, there oldest brother 90' is in florida, so the 3 NJ residents took the picture without him.....

Pictured are bats that i think make up a trio of great mcgwire seasons.

1996- His Best season with the A's - first 50Hr season of career
1998- His Best season period from one of the greastest seasons of all time REGARDLESS
2001- His Final season- the bat that produced career HR 576

3mac025.png

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
Today i traded my mcgwire 2000 signed game used bat along with cash for something that i can now say i have.

I showed everyone the bat i got signed at spring training, it was 98 bat that i thought was game used, turns out the bat was doctored from the company i got it from. But , since i got it signed at spring training, the typical mcgwire collector would not know the difference. I traded that bat and cash for the magical 2001 Hr bat. So, i was still missing a legitimate game used 98 mcgwire bat. They are very rare, yea you might have seen them on ebay, but 99.9 of them were not used, and were stolen out of mcgwires locker during the crazyness that season. To find one, with great provence, is very very rare. Today i obtained a 98 SIGNED game used bat that was given to McGwire's former alaskian league coach Jim Diaz. He was the coach in 98 at San Diego State. When the cardinals came into San Diego Diaz was in the cardinals locker room and mcgwire gave him this bat. The bat comes with a signed letter from him. This is as good as it gets. And i present to you, another item crossed off my bucket list.....FINALLY...a REAL 1998 Game Used Autograph Mark McGwire Baseball Bat.....

Let the drooling begin....

3mac021.png
3mac036.png
3mac022.png
3mac018.png
3mac038.png

Don't let the light coat of pine tar fool you.....

This bat has taken a BASHING!!!!.......This is what you HOPE for when you aquire a McGwire bat , specifically a 98, one that shows Use, and this one shows AWSOME use!!

3mac030.png

And here are some family shots of him joining his siblings, there oldest brother 90' is in florida, so the 3 NJ residents took the picture without him.....

Pictured are bats that i think make up a trio of great mcgwire seasons.

1996- His Best season with the A's - first 50Hr season of career
1998- His Best season period from one of the greastest seasons of all time REGARDLESS
2001- His Final season- the bat that produced career HR 576

3mac025.png

Once again very impressive. How did you find out the other bat was not game used?

i emailed pictures of the bat to a Game Used Bat expert in St.Louis. All he collects is Cardinals Bats. He was had a bunch of McGwire gamers over the years. I admit i never saw a mcgwire bat in the photos of him in 98 with the kind of pine tar pattern mine had. The kind of tar was too dark, and for the amount of rack marks and tar, it had barely any use.

Check out this picture of my old bat compared to the others of real bats.....The guy put this together for me. It sucked when i realized it but, the bat sealed the deal with me getting the 2001 hr bat.

"I've not seen a legit Mac bat -- with the kind of use yours has -- that has no hint of pine tar right of the center brand. You'll consistently find evidence of tar 2" to 2.5" right of the oval. Yours looks to end about 1" left of the edge, making it about 3-3.5" short of what I'd expect to see. Also notice the grip area. On well-used bats, you'll note darker "rings" of tar about 3" and 7" up from the knob end of the bat; his finger grip smears are between those rings. Then, just right of the 7" ring, the handle is pretty clean for about 6" (8-14" up from the knob end). Your bat doesn't have those distinct darker rings. Also, the tar on your bat seems to be a bit less opaque. Notice on most bats (except the 2001, when he was using gray Mota) that the tar is shiny and the red ring and center brand logo are not that obscured. Yours looks different, though that could be a matter of lighting." - Cardinals Bat Guru

bats.png

Members online