Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After Tonight I really want Panini back with baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
blanning71 said:
I don't want you to misunderstand my point. I don't have a problem with different themed products for different levels of collectors, but don't shove the same repetitive crap down my throat like the above mentioned "similar" products. Choose the one that best represents your company and go with it. There's no need for repetitive staleness.

I'm with you 100%. But for example I don't consider Topps 1, Topps 2 and Topps Updates the same product obviously because of the (mostly) different players. It should be a requirement that all MLB players have a card in at least one set every year!

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
WOW, That is exactly the reason I don't buy Topps products. Ever since they monopolized the market, continue releasing garbage, and have been far from defining exactly what a "Relic" is that they put in there cards I have saved a lot of money not buying any baseball products to break whatsoever and just buy singles to satisfy my hunger. I have no choice. All the players I collect are Old School and I refuse to waste my money on a "Relic" that could be anything at all.

Also just my opinion ;)

hoopster3977 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Panini made great stickers back in the day
They still do, and their products are usually bottom end.

Not a big fan of Panini. I think they make garbage products.

That's my opinion, and I refuse to purchase anymore wax from them.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
As usual, I'm sick and tired of hearing the "too many products" arguement. ********.
There has not been 1 single product that has appealed to me in the last 18 months,
so by default there have not been enough products.

I don't get the "elite collector" crap either. There were 3 high-end products released
all of last year. 1 is for prospectors and the other 2 were complete crap.

Look at how many exciting products topps has put out in football. Look at the designs.
Look at the patches. Look at the on-card autos in high-end products. Why?

COMPETITION

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Preach Charlie!!! I am with you 100%
chashawk said:
As usual, I'm sick and tired of hearing the "too many products" arguement. ********.
There has not been 1 single product that has appealed to me in the last 18 months,

I don't get the "elite collector" crap either. There were 3 high-end products released

Look at how many exciting products topps has put out in football. Look at the designs.

COMPETITION

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
chashawk said:

COMPETITION

Nothing i can add to this. I'm really not sure why people care so much about something they arent going to choose to buy!

The blind topps following is maddening sometimes.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
James52411 said:
People remember the Playoff releases fondly, but the 2005 products like Absolute Memorabilia and Prime Patches were only stacked because Playoff lost its license and decided to go out with a bang and juice sales. In fact, Prime Patches was hastily created right after they lost the license. Trust me, they made plenty of crap mid-range products in the 2000s that didn't have a great return on investment.

That's amazing! They took a couple minutes to slap a set together, and I haven't seen a set I liked better since...

Members online

Latest posts