Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After Tonight I really want Panini back with baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospectmaster

Okay I know this will stir up some debate and what not. But after busting a Box of 2010 Panini Certified Materials in Football and Hockey. It really makes me wanna see Panini back in baseball again. I miss them to death in the baseball card world. My question is down the road in a couple or few years do you see Panini or Upper Deck making it back to the Baseball collecting World as I am really getting tired of the Glamour Topps has been trying to make it. I am just sick of Topps. I never thought I would say that but I can't stand just having one company catering to baseball card collectors while Football and Hockey have more than one Card Company catering to each of those sports. I am starting to get into Football Cards more just because I miss Panini and I love the looks of the Panini Football Cards. So does anyone know what the next few years the Baseball Card Collecting world will bring? Will there be another company to rival Topps. I just hate how Topps has a monopoly with Baseball and there Baseball Card License. I know I probably shouldn't say this but Topps and MLB can take the License Contract and shove it up there rear end. End of my Rant. just had to get that out. But when I see years that have gone by and see these cards that Panini and Upper Deck have going on in other sports it makes me miss 2005 and before. Hell 09 and before wasn't bad when there was Upper Deck. I just want competition I just don't think its right for MLB to say that Topps can be the only ones to manufacture Baseball Cards while other sports enjoy competition in Cards. Makes me sick. Whoever came up with the baseball license stuff needs to be thrown out of there throne.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
paragraphs are your friend, brother.

but seriosuly, I agree with you, and I'm sure many others here do as well.

don't expect any sympathy from the prospectors though. :lol:

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
DLP getting axed is the reason I sold my collection in 05. I dream of 2012 Leaf Certified materials Fabric of the Game all the time.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't recall Panini ever being in the licensed MLB card game. Are you talking unlicensed stuff like 2008 Playoff and the like? If so, ITG is starting to get into unlicensed baseball this season.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
sportscardtheory said:
I don't recall Panini ever being in the licensed MLB card game. Are you talking unlicensed stuff like 2008 Playoff and the like? If so, ITG is starting to get into unlicensed baseball.
you know that Panini has been around a long time right?

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Leaf said:
You may well get your wish for competition imminently....
BG
uggh, so you can truck another brand? please don't, leave baseball cards alone, or hire yourself a real marketing team.

its not that I don't like you BG, and Im not trying to be an ass, i just cant stand the crap that razor put out (that you were tied to) and the crap that you think is gold with Leaf. Please make me a believer in your releases, i really wish there was something out there other than Topps that had real market value and collect-able value.

Prospectmaster

sportscardtheory said:
I don't recall Panini ever being in the licensed MLB card game. Are you talking unlicensed stuff like 2008 Playoff and the like? If so, ITG is starting to get into unlicensed baseball this season.

I am talking more like 2005 and before where there were 4 card companies and all of them were licensed such as the big four/ Topps/Donruss/Upper Deck/Fleer. Remember Donruss was bought out by Panini. Panini took over the stuff Donruss and Leaf did such as Absolute Memorabilia/Leaf Limited and Leaf Certified Materials. I would kill to have those three back and I would be happy with just those I know other people would want more but that would be good enough for me.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
People remember the Playoff releases fondly, but the 2005 products like Absolute Memorabilia and Prime Patches were only stacked because Playoff lost its license and decided to go out with a bang and juice sales. In fact, Prime Patches was hastily created right after they lost the license. Trust me, they made plenty of crap mid-range products in the 2000s that didn't have a great return on investment.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
sneekc said:
Leaf said:
BG
uggh, so you can truck another brand? please don't, leave baseball cards alone, or hire yourself a real marketing team.

its not that I don't like you BG, and Im not trying to be an ass, i just cant stand the crap that razor put out (that you were tied to) and the crap that you think is gold with Leaf. Please make me a believer in your releases, i really wish there was something out there other than Topps that had real market value and collect-able value.[/quote

Crap I think is gold with LEAF?
I dont know how you even address a post riddled with so many slams.
SOMEONE is going to make BB besides Topps in 2011.
Rather than bash competition before it puts it best foot forward, embrace it and support it to make the market and hobby a better place.
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
Leaf said:
boxbreaker44 said:
blanning71 said:
Leaf said:
BG
Is that code for something?
BG is the king of cryptic messages that never go anywhere.

This one is going somewhere I think...
BG
Come out and say it :D

Or this will be a 15 page thread.

I only hear the whispers in the dark.
Hopefully very soon they will be shout outs in the light.
BG

p.s.- my little birdies tell me there will be news in the next 2-3 weeks...

Members online