Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezuelan Stickers
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan 2

I am not sure of their form of distribution but I know I have only seen 1 in 11 years and it was acquired from another Chavez collector. It is one of my favorite issues simply because it is unlike any other "card" in my collection.

2000Sticker.jpg

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
EricChavezCollector3 said:
Brewer Andy said:
Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezuelan Stickers

I am not sure of their form of distribution but I know I have only seen 1 in 11 years and it was acquired from another Chavez collector. It is one of my favorite issues simply because it is unlike any other "card" in my collection.

2000Sticker.jpg

Interesting that you say that... as I found a striking similarity to my version. Same year of stickers... and!
00VenezueleanStickers.jpg00Ultra.jpg
2000 Ultra. So they used the same pic from that card at least. Didn't know if they took the same image from that set or just a coincidence for Fryman.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
chief7575 said:
Brewer Andy said:

2000 Venezuelan Stickers

2000Sticker.jpg

Interesting that you say that... as I found a striking similarity to my version. Same year of stickers... and!
00VenezueleanStickers.jpg00Ultra.jpg
2000 Ultra. So they used the same pic from that card at least. Didn't know if they took the same image from that set or just a coincidence for Fryman.

The 2000 Ultra doesn't match for Chavez. It is interesting that the Fryman would have the same photo from one set and other cards in the set wouldn't. I did a quick breeze through Chavez's 1999 and 2000 releases and none have this photo being used.
2000Ult1.jpg

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
mannyramirezcollec said:
The 1999 Bowman chrome has the same photo

edit:nvmd its really close though

Haha, I nearly posted the same thing. The photo is nearly identical just a slightly different arm/glove location.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
You guys convinced me to grab this as soon as it was listed on COMC
2001ToppsStarsElimination.jpg

Here's another early 00's that came in this week
2002SPAuthenticGameJerseyGold.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Brewer Andy said:

2000 Venezuelan Stickers

2000Sticker.jpg

I still need the Darryl Kile. I've yet to see one.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:

I've come to two conclusions.

1. You must be a big Batman fan(what with all the references and so forth).

2. You damn Juan Gonzalez collectors are friggin nuts. Not in a bad way necessarily but in a super dedicated way. I honestly had no idea he had such hardcore collectors. Some of the ending prices you post are outrageous. I certainly wouldn't pay that kinda money for that card if it were a Bagwell. I've paid less for 1/1's. Hell...I paid less for my 93 finest refractor. I just never knew I guess.... :?:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
magicpapa said:
Brewer Andy said:
gracecollector said:
$(KGrHqEOKnQE2(iN,7cyBNoRHfU4+!~~_12.jpg

Won this last night. Anybody have any idea on how many of these "not intended for release" cards actually made it into 2005 Donruss boxes. I probably busted 25-30 boxes of 2005 Donruss and got 2. I'm just guessing, but maybe 50-100 per player, maybe less?

I don't think I hit any of those myself but I busted a TON of '05 Donruss and this post reminds me what a blast it was for a base product. There were really cool hits and inserts in seemingly every other pack
im not sure, but once i heard the rainbows were in the teens or lower, but then who really knows

iv05.jpg

Got the Arod card in the mail, and it's the rainbow version (wasn't sure from the auction scan above), so I'm pretty happy for $7.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
predatorkj said:
nosterbor said:

I've come to two conclusions.

1. You must be a big Batman fan(what with all the references and so forth).

2. You damn Juan Gonzalez collectors are friggin nuts. Not in a bad way necessarily but in a super dedicated way. I honestly had no idea he had such hardcore collectors. Some of the ending prices you post are outrageous. I certainly wouldn't pay that kinda money for that card if it were a Bagwell. I've paid less for 1/1's. Hell...I paid less for my 93 finest refractor. I just never knew I guess.... :?:
Holy silicon valley Wonder Woman
linda-carter.jpg
Those Juan Gonzalez collectors are friggin nuts and bustin at the seams.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
joey12508 said:
thank you gixen :D

Nice Gold! Was hoping you'd win that when I saw it pop up.

One of the first things I got when I started collecting again.

2000 UD Yankee Legends Murderer's Row Set

murdersrow.jpg

Members online