Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I know this is the EARLY 00's thread, but I have a question about a LATE 00's release. There's supposedly a 1/1 red parallel for the 2008 Masterpieces. I've never seen one before, nor have my web searches yielded a shred of evidence that one has been bought, sold, traded, or pulled before. I'm starting to doubt these were ever issued. Do any of you have one of these or have you ever seen one before?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think we have a resident Masterpieces collector here. Not sure of the name off hand but hopefully he will see this and chime in.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I think we have a resident Masterpieces collector here. Not sure of the name off hand but hopefully he will see this and chime in.

I assume you're talking about IAmJoeCollector. I haven't seen him post in a while, and last time I tried to contact him I never heard back, so I figured I'd ask in here.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

Nice - he wore #17 because Mark Grace was his favorite player.

04LEAFLIMITEDMN25.jpg

I picked up this early 2000's beauty yesterday. Vlad was one of my favorites, and the base swatches are from the 2001 Cubs opener at Wrigley, so this card - from one of my favorite memorabilia sets - was a must have.

$T2eC16JHJF8FFqJjjt!pBRb)oKwOTQ~~60_1.JPG

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
ok this card is from 2004 Donruss so not technically an early 2000s release - but it's still sweet and one of my fave cards in my collection since I pack pulled it myself:

BK-8.original.jpgBK-8.original.back.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I've been picking up some Pristine Gold Refractors recently - trying to make a binder page of stars. I love the big team logo in the background. Weird - these scans seem pretty low quality...

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-early-2000s-picture16350-derek-jeter-pristine-gold.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-early-2000s-picture16349-randy-johnson-pristine-gold-refractor.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-early-2000s-picture16348-ken-griffey-jr-pristine-gold-refractor.jpg

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-early-2000s-picture16347-mike-piazza-pristine-gold-refractor.jpg

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I know this is the EARLY 00's thread, but I have a question about a LATE 00's release. There's supposedly a 1/1 red parallel for the 2008 Masterpieces. I've never seen one before, nor have my web searches yielded a shred of evidence that one has been bought, sold, traded, or pulled before. I'm starting to doubt these were ever issued. Do any of you have one of these or have you ever seen one before?

I remember a few months ago there was a guy on Blowout looking to sell a Howie Kenrick Red Masterpiece 1/1. I found the link today:

WTS: Howie Kendrick Masterpieces Red Border 1/1 - Blowout Cards Forums

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

I sent this one to a collector here ( [MENTION=7150]scotty216brs[/MENTION] )
doerrudm1of1front.jpg
doerrudm1of1back.jpg

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I remember a few months ago there was a guy on Blowout looking to sell a Howie Kenrick Red Masterpiece 1/1. I found the link today:

WTS: Howie Kendrick Masterpieces Red Border 1/1 - Blowout Cards Forums

I sent this one to a collector here ( [MENTION=7150]scotty216brs[/MENTION] )
doerrudm1of1front.jpg
doerrudm1of1back.jpg

Yeah, those are from the 2007 set. I've seen quite a few from 2007, but never any from 2008. I seriously doubt the 2008 1/1's were ever made. Otherwise, with how many player collectors we have here certainly we would have seen one posted by now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts