Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I got an acquaintance of mine into collecting for about a year in about 2000. He had a couple good pulls - one of them being this redemption. I think when I got more excited than he did he realized this wasn't for him, quit collecting, and gave this to me as a Christmas present. I've had it for a long time, just never scanned it for some reason.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
LOL. seems like a good strategy :)

I got an acquaintance of mine into collecting for about a year in about 2000. He had a couple good pulls - one of them being this redemption. I think when I got more excited than he did he realized this wasn't for him, quit collecting, and gave this to me as a Christmas present. I've had it for a long time, just never scanned it for some reason.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Just picked this up on the bay. Never saw a Brady before and #d /50 couldn't resist. I can't get over how sweet the 2002 design looks with black borders.

$_57.JPG

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
eBay seller 864miller has a ton of 2004 Donruss Elite Status / Gold Status up for sale ending in the next couple of days.

I really hate letting the cat out of the bag since he has a massive amount of cards up with low serial #s but there's just too many there for me to buy and lots of player collectors here who deserve a shot at their player(s).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I don't stop by here often enough, but I'm a huge fan of the late 90's and early 00's.

One of my favorite cards ever made:

$T2eC16JHJIkFHRQbYM5cBSYeU+Y8pw~~60_57.JPG

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow indeed! Strangely in this day and age "Authentic Game Worn Jerseys" sounds like a seriously bold-ass statement!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't stop by here often enough, but I'm a huge fan of the late 90's and early 00's.

One of my favorite cards ever made:

$T2eC16JHJIkFHRQbYM5cBSYeU+Y8pw~~60_57.JPG

No doubt a great card. Some of the DLP HOF items are amazing. Wish they woulda inserted DiMaggio or Mantle for Berra but that's just a personal preference. I don't know the history of the jersey enough but it is odd looking at that pic of Ruth and there is no writing or logo in the jersey front.

Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Man that's a nice grab. I remember not bidding high enough on the Bernie Williams/Ichiro 51/51 card. Lost it to a buyer in Japan at the time. Probably will not see that card resurface. Can't win em all but you stabbed a good one there.

very nice like the number to.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
None of my usual suspects were in that set but I did love '04 Elite. Threw a few "just in case" bids around but came up empty. Great pickups!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
LOL!!! So true BUT I'll admit that I have a printer/scanner but it's not easy to set-up and hook-up, load, etc. Sounds like a lot but sometimes the quickness of an iPhone pic is just too much to pass up ;)

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Hahaha

Very true

I actually do have a scanner but the quickness of a smart phone pic as opposed to scanning and saving and uploading etc is just easier

Members online