Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Picked up this really tough insert from 2002 Ultra the other day. It is a 2002 Ultra Glove Works Platinum Medallion version /25:

02UltraGloveWorksMemorabiliaPlatinum9BarryLarkin.jpg

02UltraGloveWorksMemorabiliaPlatinum9BarryLarkinBack.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
you are on fire!!

Yeah, I had a good week, except I really got screwed on one. I finally found and bought a 2001 Absolute Spectrum Parallel # 4/10. First one I had ever seen. I got it in the mail and it was ripped open and nothing inside. The post office tore the package up somehow and the card fell out along the way somewhere. They haven't been any help in trying to locate it either. I also have a 2001 SP authentic Fabric 2 /25 on the way. But it has bee stuck at the sorting facility in Arkansas for over a week now. Not sure what is going on - but it could have been an even better week :)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Someone posted a bunch of 2004 Leaf Passing Thru Time Gold Press Proofs /25 and they went for super cheap. The Bags cost me $5.77, but the others were just 50 cents each!

MikeMussina2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

RandyJohnson2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

MarkGrace2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

JeffBagwell2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

Picked up some more Tinsel!

MarkMcGwire2000PrismTinsel.jpg

BarryBonds2000PrismTinsel.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Must have because even Pujols and Ichiro went for 50 cents. Had I known that would happen I might have just bought them all even though I'm mostly interested in the PTT subset. Try this link. He left out the word "Gold" and he has the wrong year on the cards (they should be 2004). But still... he put /25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...omplete=1&hash=item35be1279ea&_ssn=producer_s

Didn't work - try this link: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2003+bagwell+leaf+press+proof&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Nope - still have to hit the Completed Auctions box to see it.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Someone posted a bunch of 2004 Leaf Passing Thru Time Gold Press Proofs /25 and they went for super cheap. The Bags cost me $5.77, but the others were just 50 cents each!

MikeMussina2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

RandyJohnson2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

MarkGrace2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

JeffBagwell2004LeafGoldPTT.jpg

Picked up some more Tinsel!

MarkMcGwire2000PrismTinsel.jpg

BarryBonds2000PrismTinsel.jpg

How about coughing up that Bags....;)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, I had a good week, except I really got screwed on one. I finally found and bought a 2001 Absolute Spectrum Parallel # 4/10. First one I had ever seen. I got it in the mail and it was ripped open and nothing inside. The post office tore the package up somehow and the card fell out along the way somewhere. They haven't been any help in trying to locate it either. I also have a 2001 SP authentic Fabric 2 /25 on the way. But it has bee stuck at the sorting facility in Arkansas for over a week now. Not sure what is going on - but it could have been an even better week :)

Mail's been really wishy washy lately. Had two issues with two different cards lately and this isn't very common for me. Not sure if it was the PO in both cases but I figure it surely was in one case.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Mail's been really wishy washy lately. Had two issues with two different cards lately and this isn't very common for me. Not sure if it was the PO in both cases but I figure it surely was in one case.

The SP Authentic Fabric 2 card finally arrive yetserday :) It took almost 3 weeks, but I am happy it is here. The 2001 Absolute Spectrum /10 is a lost cause unfortunately. The manager at the Cincinnati Post Office looked at the package and told me it got thrown on the floor and stepped on. The card must have fallen out along teh way somewhere/ She showed me where the black stains on the envelope are a match for the mats that their bins sit on. She said it should have never happened and they should never have delivered it like that. That being said, she also told me I was SOL because the package wasn't insured. I know I could probably get my money back through Paypal/Ebay, but I felt bad doing that to the seller when it wasn't his fault. I told him I would eat half the loss and he is sending me half my money back. Only seemed fair to me to not screw him over since it wasn't his fault.

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
The SP Authentic Fabric 2 card finally arrive yetserday :) It took almost 3 weeks, but I am happy it is here. The 2001 Absolute Spectrum /10 is a lost cause unfortunately. The manager at the Cincinnati Post Office looked at the package and told me it got thrown on the floor and stepped on. The card must have fallen out along teh way somewhere/ She showed me where the black stains on the envelope are a match for the mats that their bins sit on. She said it should have never happened and they should never have delivered it like that. That being said, she also told me I was SOL because the package wasn't insured. I know I could probably get my money back through Paypal/Ebay, but I felt bad doing that to the seller when it wasn't his fault. I told him I would eat half the loss and he is sending me half my money back. Only seemed fair to me to not screw him over since it wasn't his fault.

That sucks about your card. I bought some griffeys from Burbank about a month and a half ago. Still haven't arrived. Stephen put a trace on the package but it is probably lost too. It sucks when you are expecting a cool card and the post office screws it up. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the post office is screwing up more recently.:confused:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That sucks about your card. I bought some griffeys from Burbank about a month and a half ago. Still haven't arrived. Stephen put a trace on the package but it is probably lost too. It sucks when you are expecting a cool card and the post office screws it up. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the post office is screwing up more recently.:confused:

I would agree with them screwing up recently... I never have issues but have had lost, delayed and damaged things from them A LOT recently.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

I have definitely had all of my issues within the last month. I never had a problem with the post office before now. Maybe it has something to do with all of the locations they closed a couple of months ago. They closed a lot of them in and around Cincinnati. Burbank is usually awesome about getting your cards shipped quickly, so I would say that is definitely a screw up by the post office. Hopefully they can find them for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts