Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Kyle hit the nail on the head with the explanation :)

would be good to get some anecdotal evidence from player collectors on whether these estimates "fit" with what they've seen...

I can scan tonight but I've got the Belle in the PC... can't recall how many I've seen over the years, etc. but I was happy to get one for the PC and move on.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Pretty happy with these two pickups tonight. 2001 Armour Stars. Don't see them come up too often at a low price.

c54d4713-45a8-4918-99d7-66efbd6f8059.jpg
cd7a9a9f-4f7f-4eed-954d-4831128bde0a.jpg

Are these rare? I see that there are a few on eBay with high BIN prices. Didn't see any on COMC, and can't find to much info about the set.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
You ever wonder why you're having trouble tracking down a few issues and then a fellow player collector sends you this?

1999 Brilliants 24k Gold /24 - he has four of the 24

MadMikeHoard3.jpg

2001 Absolute Spectrum /10 - he has four of the 10

MadMikeHoard4.jpg

2001 Elite Status /29 - he has 12 of the 29

MadMikeHoard2.jpg

2001 Leaf Certified Materials /25 - he has 12 of the 25

MadMikeHoard1.jpg

Of course, I'm guilty of the same thing :mrgreen:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You ever wonder why you're having trouble tracking down a few issues and then a fellow player collector sends you this?

1999 Brilliants 24k Gold /24 - he has four of the 24

2001 Absolute Spectrum /10 - he has four of the 10

2001 Elite Status /29 - he has 12 of the 29

2001 Leaf Certified Materials /25 - he has 12 of the 25

Of course, I'm guilty of the same thing :mrgreen:

LOL! This is great... If Belle wasn't reintroduced to the hobby last year, I'd be doing the same thing with his cards... I am only guilty of hoarding a few cards of his but nothing short printed like these... You obviously know this guy? That must be a love/hate relationship lol

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I thought that might be you, gracecollector! Recently Burbank dropped their prices on Allegiance refractors from $30 to $11. I hit some BINs, but missed the Grace.

Andruw $7

AndruwJonesAllegianceRefractor.jpg

Thome $11

JimThomeAllegianceRefractor.jpg

Biggio $11

CraigBiggioAllegianceRefractor.jpg

Also picked up a couple others from the 'bank:

I watched a couple of these sell for $24 so I decided to hit the BIN for $17. The reds (slugging) were easily the most attractive, IMO.

FrankThomasProductionLine.jpg

And I've been feeling the Tinsel recently:

DerekJeter2000PrismTinsel.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I thought that might be you, gracecollector! Recently Burbank dropped their prices on Allegiance refractors from $30 to $11. I hit some BINs, but missed the Grace.

Yeah, hit the Grace fast. I was this close >||< to buying the three that you bought, but then decided against it, as I'd have to go for the full set then. I posted the auctions in a BIN thread for others, and saw that the 3 went quickly after. Glad you got them!

Just noticed they screwed up on Grace's season count. He played 13 seasons with the Cubs - not sure where they got 14 from?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
That is an odd one!

Man, I was disappointed recently. For a few months I've had my eye on a card at Burbank. I finally decided that I'd get it on Friday, the 13th when I got paid. When I went to look for it... it was gone. I looked in ended listings on ebay and it sold on the 11th. I hate that! I can't say what card it is quite yet because now I have my eye on another one that's not quite as cool. Sloppy seconds...

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
That is an odd one!

Man, I was disappointed recently. For a few months I've had my eye on a card at Burbank. I finally decided that I'd get it on Friday, the 13th when I got paid. When I went to look for it... it was gone. I looked in ended listings on ebay and it sold on the 11th. I hate that! I can't say what card it is quite yet because now I have my eye on another one that's not quite as cool. Sloppy seconds...

Yeah, I have done that many times and it sucks. I guess you could call it Non-buyers remorse :)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That is an odd one!

Makes you wonder why burbank isn't more active on eBay. I personally feel like the spam eBay with cards and it pisses me off that they don't have pictures but I think that hurts their chances of selling a card. Personally, I have a hard time buying a card on eBay when there is NO picture.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I finally pulled the trigger. The card I missed out on was a 2000 Finest Gold Refractor GEM Barry Bonds. According to Beckett they are extremely rare (as we've already pointed out). More importantly to me, it's a great action photo of Barry and the card would have been totally awesome to scan. But I missed out @ $38.

So I settled for the Chipper Jones for $20. I'll post it when I get it.

Members online

Latest posts