Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Anybody have many of these? These are the only ones I have.

Leaf Lineage 1999, 2000, 2001 (Inserted in 2002 Leaf Hobby packs--1:12 odds)

leaf.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I remember being confused in 2002 because Grace's Leaf Lineage insert looked so much like his Leaf Rookies and Stars Cubs shortprint, since he also had an Arizona Rookie and Stars card. Took me awhile to straighten myself out on all the variations, including the Century Lineage and Longevity cards, both #/100.

02LEAF99LINEAGE.jpg 02LEAF99CENTURYLINEAGE.jpg

02LEAFROOKIESSTARSCUBS.jpg 02LEAFROOKIESSTARSCUBSLONG.jpg

02LEAFROOKIESSTARS.jpg 02LEAFROOKIESSTARSLONG.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezuelan Stickers
2003 Topps Kanebo Japan 2

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezulean Stickers

I have the sticker for Bags...have to dig it out if you want a scan. As for the Kanebo...I have the two different. One seems to be 2003 topps design while the other seems to be 2002? I know I am still missing the black versions. One of the Bagwells pop up from time to time but never 2(I am assuming that is series 2?). The only one I have ever seen now resides in my collection. I think 2 is definitely rarer.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
predatorkj said:
Brewer Andy said:

2000 Venezulean Stickers

I have the sticker for Bags...have to dig it out if you want a scan. As for the Kanebo...I have the two different. One seems to be 2003 topps design while the other seems to be 2002? I know I am still missing the black versions. One of the Bagwells pop up from time to time but never 2(I am assuming that is series 2?). The only one I have ever seen now resides in my collection. I think 2 is definitely rarer.

If I'm reading right, it looks like Series 1 used 2002 Topps design and has Black and Silver parallels. Series 2 uses 2003 Topps design and has no parallels but a larger checklist

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":3ghktd1s]Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezulean Stickers

If I'm reading right, it looks like Series 1 used 2002 Topps design and has Black and Silver parallels. Series 2 uses 2003 Topps design and has no parallels but a larger checklist[/quote:3ghktd1s]

Correct. Now that I looked at the Checklist, there is a black and silver parallel for series 1.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
predatorkj said:
Brewer Andy said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":2895qh7p]Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezulean Stickers

If I'm reading right, it looks like Series 1 used 2002 Topps design and has Black and Silver parallels. Series 2 uses 2003 Topps design and has no parallels but a larger checklist

Correct. Now that I looked at the Checklist, there is a black and silver parallel for series 1.[/quote:2895qh7p]

I am not sure that is correct? I know the 2003 Topps Kanebo or the design has a copper and black parallel.
03_Kanebo_3.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Some recent Williams pick-ups of the early/mid 2000's vintage.

The Fleer bat auto is /50 as well as the Topps fan favorite auto.

scan0022.jpg

scan0021.jpg scan0020.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I don't know how long you've collected Matt Williams, but in the late 90's his stuff was on par with just about anybody price-wise (on rare stuff).

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Jack Straw said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":29hixq9m]
predatorkj said:
[quote="Brewer Andy":29hixq9m]Anyone know anything about these 2 sets? Hard to find or just bad luck on my part?

2000 Venezulean Stickers

Correct. Now that I looked at the Checklist, there is a black and silver parallel for series 1.[/quote:29hixq9m]

I am not sure that is correct? I know the 2003 Topps Kanebo or the design has a copper and black parallel.
03_Kanebo_3.jpg
[/quote:29hixq9m]
the black is the team color. all White Sox player will have the black inset. all Rangers players will have the red and so on.
juan_picture.jpg
this is the reg issue
juan_picture.jpg

Members online

No members online now.