User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: R&N Topps porcelain cards

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: R&N Topps porcelain cards

I have never seen nor heard of a Bagwell at all. Kinda odd too because the channels I usually go through...you'd think I would have seen one by now. I do however own one of the Ryan's I believe.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen the follow Pete Rose in R&N but as others have said if 5000 of these were made I think 4995 broke :> There should be a 1964 topps Rose card, 1982 topps magnet, and 64 and 80 mug but I've never seen them.

My Collection Home
    Ultimate Pete Rose Player Collection
    1975 Reds World Champions Signed by all members of the team

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj
    I have never seen nor heard of a Bagwell at all. Kinda odd too because the channels I usually go through...you'd think I would have seen one by now. I do however own one of the Ryan's I believe.
    I had never seen an Ozzie either until these. They must be incredibly rare despite the numbers because I've spoken with several player collectors now that don't have theirs and have never seen an example. Just another example of when you think you've seen it all and something else pops up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few - Mantle '52 Topps, Clemente, and a random Topps Griffey and Big Hurt.
    ffmancards.webs.com
    Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, HOF/Star rookies

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the following Rickey Henderson porcelain cards. If anyone knows what year the first two are from, please let me know. Thanks.

R&N China Porcelain Rookie Card - hand numbered #244/1000, #S20, year unknown

R&N China Porcelain Rookie Card - hand numbered #A1062 in gold marker (this picture is not the one I have...I ripped the pic off of ebay), year unknown

1990 R&N China Porcelain Rookie Card - hand numbered #1296 & 11813 (I have two), one is still shrink-wrapped in package w/ wood stand, the other one is in a box w/ stand and hanging rope

1991 R&N China Porcelain Rookie Card (3"x5") - hand numbered #00104/10000, comes with wooden base shaped like home plate, plaque on wooden base reads 1990 MVP Award

1993 R&N China Porcelain '93 Topps card - hand numbered #2523/5000, still in package

1994 Danbury Mint R&N China Porcelain Rookie Card - hand numbered #A504, MBI Limited edition

1998 R&N China / Danbury Mint Porcelain Card Topps Hall Bound - hand numbered A450

Those are all of the cards. Here's a few other items I have from R&N China:

1990 R&N China Porcelain Plate (shows rookie card) (hand #11246) (Rookie Ball) (card pictured on front and back) (marketed for Sports Nostalgia)

1992 R&N China ceramic mug (Rookie Ball shows 1980 rookie) (hand numbered #1266) (company also called Sports Nostalgia)

1992 R&N China ceramic stein (Rookie Ball shows 1980 rookie) (hand numbered #6711) (company also called Sports Nostalgia)

1993 R&N China ceramic stein (shows 1993 Topps card) (hand numbered #2501/5000)

and....in case this helps anyone, here's a Danbury Mint promo page (for porcelain cards, shows Griffey, Thomas, Bonds, etc.) (no date on it, but Piazza's 1993 is the latest shown so I've always assumed this is from 1994)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott, its funny how they are numbered to 5,000 or 10,000. They should be so easy to find yet they are almost impossible to get.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by henderson939
    Scott, its funny how they are numbered to 5,000 or 10,000. They should be so easy to find yet they are almost impossible to get.
    I think the problem is almost nobody wanted them, which is why the bulk of the cards you see on eBay were from the first couple of series (the Dream Team cards,the big rookies of the 70s-80s and a a few select players full Topps runs). Some of the magnets surprise me that they were ever made, like the 1993 John Kiely. Somewhere there's probably a storage unit or three jam packed full of these from after R&N China went bust and Hamilton had long since given up on selling them.

On the 1993 Topps editions, I'm curious as to whether they were planning to make the checklists, or if they would have made porcelain versions of he checklist replacement cards from the Topps Gold set.

Today, I'd probably drop $20-30 for the Hensley Meulens and Dave Winfield without batting an eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first group of the porcelain cards came out on the mid to late 80's. I remember the card and the wood base, but they came in a small white cardboard box similar to a jewelry gift box. They were something like $12 reatail for them, and they didn't sell. Most dealers that ordered them couldn't sell them, and they were in dollar boxes. Then, years later when they were offered again the dealers remember how they didn't sell the first time and never ordered them. I remember the cards and the mugs from the late 80's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a scan of the backs of these handy, but here is what I have:

a 1990 Topps Trade rookie of Mr. Fryman (1000)

1993 topps (out of 1000)

and the magnet

I have a couple of the other rookie reprints as well - I think one is of Eckersley. Can't recall the other 2 at the moment.

Greg
    Travis Fryman Champ Bailey Steve Yzerman Steve Largent. http://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    #1 Fryman want (and any 1/1's)
    1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor (5) #259

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my '52 Mantle reprint. Bad scan. I have the box it came in and the certificate. I also have a Roberto Clemente.

ffmancards.webs.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerSuperCollector
    The first group of the porcelain cards came out on the mid to late 80's. I remember the card and the wood base, but they came in a small white cardboard box similar to a jewelry gift box. They were something like $12 reatail for them, and they didn't sell. Most dealers that ordered them couldn't sell them, and they were in dollar boxes. Then, years later when they were offered again the dealers remember how they didn't sell the first time and never ordered them. I remember the cards and the mugs from the late 80's.
    This is exactly how my Mantle and Clemente came. Wooden stand with a small white box (with blue "pinstripes").
    ffmancards.webs.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Years ago I purchased some porcelain cards through The Hamilton Collection.
    I received 2 cards every month or so.
    I thought it was an 11 card set, but after checking on Beckett it seems to be a 26 card set.
    Anyways long story short, you'll see 2 sets of doubles in the scans as somehow they sent me doubles and shorted me other cards by mistake.
    The funny thing is, they also sent me a baseball diamond shaped wooden wall plaque that the cards can be displayed on, but there's only room for about 11 cards to display.
    I could have sworn that once I bought the last 2 cards they sent the plaque.
    Here's the fronts.....

Here's the backs, note the odd serial numbering.........

I also have this set, note the card in the top/right looks almost identical to the the duplicate card from the first set.....

Fronts

Backs

I bought it on Ebay a long time ago.

Tom Oates, I would be interested in the Ryan's you have if any of them are different than mine.

David
    The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" never ceases two amaze me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys I am probably preaching to the choir but be sure to check you local antique malls/shops and flea markets for cards like these. That's where a lot of this type of stuff ends up. Can't count on all my fingers and toes how many times I have walked into an antique mall/shop or a flea market and seen an entire area stocked to the brim with cards that are 20+ years old. And they always tend to have oddballs or something like that. The best part is they are usually pretty cheap compared to what they'd go for on ebay since the owner is more than likely just happy that someone is actually buying a card for the first time in 10 years.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

1hullfan
     Hullfan16
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that Rickey Henderson plate worth anything? I saw one the other day at an antique mall for 5.00 in the box still

Collecting anything Willie McGee

Willie McGee Collection http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20Collection/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled upon another that I didn't remember I had - 1999 copy (says out of 1999 on the back too)

Travis Fryman Champ Bailey Steve Yzerman Steve Largent. http://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    #1 Fryman want (and any 1/1's)
    1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor (5) #259

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast