Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick Question: Does this really look like a PSA 10 to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
I was looking through some listings and noticed this card:

0-86-OPC-Ripken-10.jpg

Is it just me, or does there appear to be some serious edge whitening across the top on that black border? Maybe I'm seeing things, but that is not what I expected from a PSA10. However, I'm fairly new to collecting PSA 10s so my eye is probably nowhere as good as some members here. Anyone care to chime in?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I agree with the original poster, the card is less than perfect & PSA 10 should mean *perfect*. I know all about the OPC rough-cut etc. There are lots of cards with no PSA 10's. This example appears to be OC as well, if not slightly L-R than surely T-B. Must belong to one of PSA's good customers...l

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
allstars said:
I agree with the original poster, the card is less than perfect & PSA 10 should mean *perfect*. I know all about the OPC rough-cut etc. There are lots of cards with no PSA 10's. This example appears to be OC as well, if not slightly L-R than surely T-B. Must belong to one of PSA's good customers...l

PSA 10 does NOT have to be perfect, just "virtually" perfect...it says so on PSA's own website.

GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint
A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.