Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Ebay Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
So I bought an item back in January, seller shipped with DC and all was thought to be good. After 3 weeks with no item I look up the tracking provided through ebay's checkout system and it shows the item as being delivered, just to an address in a different state. I e-mailed the seller and he confirmed that the item was sent to the correct address and that somehow the USPS screwed it up on the delivery. Not a high dollar item, around $15.

Obviously the seller sent it, it just never arrived due to the USPS. So what would you do? split the cost, ask for a refund, just say screw it since it wasn't the sellers fault?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Fandruw25 said:
So I bought an item back in January, seller shipped with DC and all was thought to be good. After 3 weeks with no item I look up the tracking provided through ebay's checkout system and it shows the item as being delivered, just to an address in a different state. I e-mailed the seller and he confirmed that the item was sent to the correct address and that somehow the USPS screwed it up on the delivery. Not a high dollar item, around $15.

Obviously the seller sent it, it just never arrived due to the USPS. So what would you do? split the cost, ask for a refund, just say screw it since it wasn't the sellers fault?

Refund.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
Tomlinson21RB said:
Fandruw25 said:

Refund.
not if he didnt get insurance

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Just going to piggyback instead of starting new thread.

Bought a Michael Choice Draft base auto for $11 BIN last night. Seller sent me a message saying he messed up the price while turbo listing. Asked me to kindly let him relist the card at the price it was supposed to be. I really want to just say if it were $100 card i'd let you relist, but were talking about basically a $7-8 screw up so i'm just going to pay. Don't like being a jerk, and fear I'll pay he wont send and i'll just get a refund. Only other time I had this happen I hit a $30 BIN on a MJ/Kobe/Garnett trip. patch he meant to put $300. Seller immediately relisted and told me to give him a neg he didn't care, wasn't selling at that price. I left no feedback and let it go. Do I just pay for the Choice, or should I be a nice guy?

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
not if he didnt get insurance

It still is the seller's responsibility to get the card to the buyer whether or not insurance was purchased.
correct. besides, ebay rules no longer allow sellers to charge for insurance. plus, it's the right thing to do. who knows, maybe, as happened to me, the card will show up to the buyer A YEAR LATER + the buyer will be honest + re-pay you. good karma of refunding is far better than saying to the buyer 'too bad/SOL dude'.

Members online