Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="Jack Straw":39e1c2gb]They are tough if not rare. I see one for sale between Ebay, COMC and Beckett.
None of the Mcgwire,Thomas and Gonzalez have them and the Canseco collector
here has been looking for a copy for years? Nosterbor has never seen a Gonzalez?
He has 68,000 cards of his guy and never seen this. Somebody may be sitting on
a hoard but until they hit the market place I think you have a rare card.

I have 2-3 of the McGwires. I know I have bought the only ones I've ever seen in the past decade.[/quote:39e1c2gb]

I think you and John Garcia are the only ones?

Sep 11, 2009
1st4040 said:
I don't have the score rules jumbo either and its high up on my wantlist. They were distributed in the collector kits only and are 8.5x11 in size roughly. there have been some collector kits recently listed and sold and I've tried to buy a couple of them but lost out.. its bad when there are supposedly 3000 copies and here I am trying to prospect to get mine...
New one listed on the bay along with a Bagwell he has. http://cgi.ebay.com/Score-95-Rules-...=250799578349&ps=63&clkid=8417353636972049549

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Guys...I know its a dumb question but I actually purchased this card thinking it was one I didn't have and it turns out I already had it. So is this card the silver signature version? I guess why I thought it would be different from the one I have is because the one I already had has no actual signature. Just the silver foil astros logo. So I purchased this one site unseen for around a buck and its the same exact thing I have.

IMG-7.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
1st4040 said:
If indeed it was a boxtopper it was probably treated like junk by most buyers because jumbo cards don't seem to have any desire to anyone other than player collectors. I know I've never seen the Canseco to this point even in other collections. if someone has a hoard of these they would be wise to start listing them on Ebay because the set has mostly big names and I'm sure this is a hole in many collections other than mine...
plus 1 big time. i am a guilty person of this! i have alot of friends who opened upper deck boxes and pitched them
icon_facepalm.gif
. i opened a ton of collectors choice, and just threw the box toppers in a box including the Juans. i did not collect them at the time. most got damaged and were pitched.
miggy_face_ball-1.gif
.since my collection got big i started looking for these cards to fill gaps in the list.hind sight is 20/20.
1grouphug.gif
some are super rare if you ask me.
how many have this of there player? it is serial numbered to 3000.#SR16 1995 Score Rules Jumbo
7 1/2" X 10 1/2"
only 2 Juan collectors have it. i don't
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg

Now that's more probable. They may be sitting in random places. Lets put it this way...in the early 90's there were card shops everywhere. In the mid-late 90's, there were and still are very few. They died out. Its one of the real reasons IMO that a lot of your late 90's inserts and even some of the mid 90's stuff is hard to come by. Half the damn people who own them or own unopened wax have it just collecting dust. My local shop actually has a ton of unopened wax from this period but I never touch it because for some reason he still wants the same price it would have gone for at the time it came out. There was another shop I used to frequent too and through trades, I completely cleaned him out. Its out there. I'd even bet a lot is unopened.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
predatorkj said:
Guys...I know its a dumb question but I actually purchased this card thinking it was one I didn't have and it turns out I already had it. So is this card the silver signature version? I guess why I thought it would be different from the one I have is because the one I already had has no actual signature. Just the silver foil astros logo. So I purchased this one site unseen for around a buck and its the same exact thing I have.

Yep, silver sig.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
predatorkj said:

Yep, silver sig.

Thanks.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
predatorkj said:
Cobra29svt said:
predatorkj said:

Yep, silver sig.

Thanks.
team card!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
clarkfan said:
George_Calfas said:
A Pair of someones were silly last night
[ebay:1c2a6y94]260765622665[/ebay:1c2a6y94]

That's pretty much a common occurence with Clark stuff. The high bidder is always one of those silly ones :) I stopped at about $185

Here is another one that sold higher than expected:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-CLARK-SIGN...0681023753?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4aaa141909

Makes it hard to advance the need list along with him around.

Yeah, I thought both would go high, not really surprise though. I think I paid $300+ for my 1997 PG.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
George_Calfas said:
clarkfan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2fnjxgva]A Pair of someones were silly last night
[ebay:2fnjxgva]260765622665[/ebay:2fnjxgva]

That's pretty much a common occurence with Clark stuff. The high bidder is always one of those silly ones :) I stopped at about $185

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-CLARK-SIGN...0681023753?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4aaa141909

Yeah, I thought both would go high, not really surprise though. I think I paid $300+ for my 1997 PG.[/quote:2fnjxgva]

That's why I collect Matt Williams. My pockets aren't near deep enough to go after Will's stuff.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
clarkfan said:
George_Calfas said:
A Pair of someones were silly last night
[ebay:1r2p8cf3]260765622665[/ebay:1r2p8cf3]

:shock:
Glad I collect Ripken. We are civil. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts