Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Finally located this bad boy. It with the Precious Metals I got last week finish up my 1997 Preferred Thomas needs.

1997DonrussPreferredFanFestTin.jpg

Nice pickup! Only the 3rd or 4th I have seen ever. Never seen an Andruw Jones. Makes you wonder how many were produced and how many are not in a landfill somewhere.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
kdailey4315 said:
Some Matt Williams mail days. Nothing to spetacular or valuable compared to most in this thread.

They're all spectacular and valuable to a collector. Thanks for sharing.

Can someone please educate me on the 1999 Topps Action Flats? I have the "regular" and "away" versions but the Beckett A-Rod checklist has a "Classic Uniform" version as well. Any help is appreciated. I guess I need to know what to look for.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
Was someone looking for these? Turns out I have a bunch of them... sorry for the poor picture. The players here include:
- Mark McGwire
- Ken Griffey Jr.
- Albert Belle
- Juan Gonzalez
- Andres Galarraga
- Mo Vaughn
- Barry Bonds
- Frank Thomas
- Alex Rodriguez
- Mike Piazza

2011041321461168.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
BunchOBull said:
Finally located this bad boy. It with the Precious Metals I got last week finish up my 1997 Preferred Thomas needs.

AWESOME! .....and I've also never seen a Belle, nor any other player... very cool

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

Nice pickup! Only the 3rd or 4th I have seen ever. Never seen an Andruw Jones. Makes you wonder how many were produced and how many are not in a landfill somewhere.

These things are rare? Yet another pile of things just taking up space in my card boxes... if anyone's interested in any of them, let me know.

2011041322173227.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
ignition said:
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

These things are rare? Yet another pile of things just taking up space in my card boxes... if anyone's interested in any of them, let me know.

2011041322173227.jpg

Nice Griffey Fanfest. Those are very rare actually. I doubt any of the board members have ever seen the Griffey. There are a number of Griffey collectors on this site that would love to add that.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
ignition said:
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

These things are rare? Yet another pile of things just taking up space in my card boxes... if anyone's interested in any of them, let me know

2011041322173227.jpg

That griffey is rare! I have been looking for Gwynn forever!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
ignition said:
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

2011041322173227.jpg

I would love that Piazza!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
ignition said:
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

2011041322173227.jpg
PM sent

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Jack Straw said:
I have never seen the Griffey pretty neat. Not sure what they are all about
though? Was there a pack of cards inserted in them and sold?

Here is what Beckett has shows:

This 25-tin set was given out at the 1997 Fanfest and is parallel to the Donruss Preferred Tin Packs set. The difference is found in the gold trim on the tin.

Not sure if that means the tins were given out as sets of 25 or if individual tins were given to those who attended fanfest. I assume there were cards in them, just like the regular tins. Would be awesome to see a sealed tin. Either way, I suspect they are quite rare.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AndruwHRJones said:
Jack Straw said:
I have never seen the Griffey pretty neat. Not sure what they are all about

This 25-tin set was given out at the 1997 Fanfest and is parallel to the Donruss Preferred Tin Packs set. The difference is found in the gold trim on the tin.

Not sure if that means the tins were given out as sets of 25 or if individual tins were given to those who attended fanfest. I assume there were cards in them, just like the regular tins. Would be awesome to see a sealed tin. Either way, I suspect they are quite rare.

Yes, given out singly to individual people and cards inside.

1000 sets would yield enough for 25K people. To my understanding these were given out in lower frequency when compared to packs. A fair guess might be 250-500 sets :?: and by the time you factor in the "this is the packaging not the cards, thus not collectible" it is understandable that many of these found the trash upon returning home.

While not 1/1s they are difficult to locate for any player let alone the big names.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
George_Calfas said:
AndruwHRJones said:
[quote="Jack Straw":133m71qr]I have never seen the Griffey pretty neat. Not sure what they are all about

Yes, given out singly to individual people and cards inside.

1000 sets would yield enough for 25K people. To my understanding these were given out in lower frequency when compared to packs. A fair guess might be 250-500 sets :?: and by the time you factor in the "this is the packaging not the cards, thus not collectible" it is understandable that many of these found the trash upon returning home.

While not 1/1s they are difficult to locate for any player let alone the big names.[/quote:133m71qr]

Difficult they are. I have never seen the Sandberg myself.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
gwynn5453l4u said:
ignition said:
AndruwHRJones said:
BunchOBull said:

These things are rare? Yet another pile of things just taking up space in my card boxes... if anyone's interested in any of them, let me know

2011041322173227.jpg

That griffey is rare! I have been looking for Gwynn forever!
same here for the Juan!

Members online