Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I sent a Biggio to Amy a few years back like your Gwynn, looked like a playing card to me, but I gotta side with Lance on ANY Pinnacle Brand Issues myself

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
magicpapa said:
I sent a Biggio to Amy a few years back like your Gwynn, looked like a playing card to me, but I gotta side with Lance on ANY Pinnacle Brand Issues myself

Me too but he is saying Berg didn't go to the 96 Fanfest and there has been two
posted articles saying he did? I can't believe nobody took a picture of the finished
product?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I've owned a few of these cards and the person I purchased them from claimed to get them at the 1996 FanFest after the Phillie Phanatic toppled the house of cards. That said, I've searched Google Archives in the past and found period editorials that suggest Berg was at both the '96 and '97 FanFest. If I can find those articles again, I'll post them. I believe I inquired to Lance about this once, but never took it any further.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I was happy to pick this up for "book value" from COMC:

1997_bowmans_best_atomic_refractors_8_ryne_sandberg.png

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I saw that, someone added most of the Atomic Refractor set a few days ago. I was tempted to grab a few myself but held off, always hoping I can find more in the future.

thelesquad said:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
DeliciousBacon said:
I saw that, someone added most of the Atomic Refractor set a few days ago. I was tempted to grab a few myself but held off, always hoping I can find more in the future.

I pulled up COMC from my phone and didn't think I could get through the checkout process quickly enough. I'm glad I checked when I did.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
Found this in the mail today! Thanks to Fandruw25 for trading me an extra he obtained!

1997ToppsProShooterMarble.jpg

Glad to see it arrived!

Now you might want to buy some air to clean your keyboard :lol:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Totally lucked out and found someone with a small stack of 1997 Score Reserve Collection including the Piazza CL. Now I have all three checklists! But I still need about 90 to complete the set. PLMK if you happen to find any!

PiazzaChecklist.jpg

GriffeyCL.jpg

FrankReserveCL.jpg

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
1997 Stand & Deliver Frank Thomas Rainbow. Anybody know where the gold with silver lettering came from?

Regular, ????, From Redemption Framed Set
DSC_9018.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
DeliciousBacon said:

thelesquad said:

Grabbed this Embossed Refractor from same seller - accepted my $8 offer.

3f458cf9-56c9-479f-83a2-46ac6f28c79d.jpg

While I was on COMC, discovered this 1998 SPx Finite with hand numbering. Guessing it was replacement stock. Interesting purchase for $1.50. Also, anyone ever notice that 1998 SPx Finite have two different styles of serial numbering on base cards? Some players have numbers made up of dots, some with sold lines. Weird.

34f57b67-1151-40ea-a6a5-ebed6412be80.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
brian46256qqv said:
1997 Stand & Deliver Frank Thomas Rainbow. Anybody know where the gold with silver lettering came from?

DSC_9018.jpg

I think the gold w/ silver lettering was from the redemption, but I never caught where the red-lettered version came from.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_9018.jpg

Not sure where the gold background and silver lettering came from. But I do know the red lettering one you have is by far the rarest of the three. Many, including myself had always assumed the gold background and silver lettering ones were from the redemption framed set. But it would make sense that the red lettering is the redemption set card being that is one of 2 cards I have seen to date.

How the hell can some of these cards stay hidden for all these years? Absolutely amazing what cards find their way to the light after all these years.

Great rainbow, I am sure a lot of us will be looking for the red lettering card for years to come of our player.

Dec 10, 2008
I know the red lettered versions have been mentioned before, I just can't remember exactly what was posted about them since McGwire wasn't in the set. I think it might have been in this thread somewhere, but possibly #2.

Members online

Latest posts