Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
brian46256qqv said:
1997 Stand & Deliver Frank Thomas Rainbow. Anybody know where the gold with silver lettering came from?

Regular, ????, From Redemption Framed Set
DSC_9018.jpg

That's nice! Those with the red foil are next to impossible to find. I think we all decided those were the ones that were from the Framed Set only, but no matter what, it's a tough find. Putting that one on the 'bay?? Should do well with it if you do.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Makes me wonder how many people don't know what they have, how many pissed off wives threw away rare cards, how many have been burnt to a crisp in fires etc etc after seeing cards you haven't seen in a while. I can't find certain cards with a print run in the hundreds

Dec 10, 2008
PadresFan86 said:
Makes me wonder how many people don't know what they have, how many pissed off wives threw away rare cards, how many have been burnt to a crisp in fires etc etc after seeing cards you haven't seen in a while. I can't find certain cards with a print run in the hundreds

That's why I'm careful not to say something doesn't exist just because I haven't seen it. Some of this stuff is just so rare. I do try to do my due diligence though. It's tough because a lot of the "guides" do have blatant mistakes and omissions.

Speaking of which, I meant to ask this question earlier. Does anybody have a 1997 Donruss Limited Star Factor subset Limited Exposure parallel without the refraction, ie: Non-Glossy? I know the Counterparts subset had that error, but I've never seen any others. I think the print run is supposed to be 40 of the Star Factor LE, and with a print run that small I'd be surprised if there is indeed a LE and a LE without refraction...

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Did I read somewhere that 1998 Metal had 1/1 versions called Gem Masters? If so does anyone have one they would like to show off? I would like to see the pattern if it is anywhere similiar to Precious Metal Gems.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
cbrandtw said:
Did I read somewhere that 1998 Metal had 1/1 versions called Gem Masters? If so does anyone have one they would like to show off? I would like to see the pattern if it is anywhere similiar to Precious Metal Gems.

Here is a Maddux from worthpoint:

1_3a37cdc731163441d955d089e301c0bf.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
cfind said:
I bought some older boxes and packs this past week and pulled the following 2:

How many boxes did you buy? Those would have been awesome hits back in the day let alone 13 years later. Amazing to still see great cards coming of older wax. Congrats!

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
Fandruw25 said:
cfind said:
I bought some older boxes and packs this past week and pulled the following 2:

How many boxes did you buy? Those would have been awesome hits back in the day let alone 13 years later. Amazing to still see great cards coming of older wax. Congrats!

I bought 2 boxes of 1998 Leaf R&S and pulled the Tatis, the El Duque came out of a single pack that was packaged in a value bag my local LCS makes. 10 assorted packs for $20 with most coming from decent products spanning 15 years.

Members online

Latest posts