Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
You know, I find it funny just how cheaply Beckett lists Griffey Jr. cards in comparison to other guys. You will always see Cal Ripken and McGwire cards priced higher. Now I know people collect those guys, and I know beckett gets about 75% of everything wrong as far as prices go...but I would think Griffey Jr. would be more highly collected than any other player from the 90's. And therefore, his prices would either be on equal footing with the others, or in some cases maybe even more. Just an odd tidbit I thought I'd throw out.

That would be true if Griffey didn't have so many more cards than most the guys from the 90's. In the McGwire realm, we're all going after only 6k cards whereas Griffey has something like 13k+. Rare cards for Griffey pop up way more often because more exist. In an odd way, this hurts the value of his cards.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
That Will Clark price is unreal, went for more than most Babe Ruth cuts.

PadresFan86 - Nice pickups! Were you the one who bought the Ventura 98 Tek Diffractor I had listed on eBay?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Yup, that was me :mrgreen: . I'm up to 24 diffractors now ::facepalm::

Just got this in the mail. First time I've ever seen it since I started collecting Caminiti

img0003qu.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
PadresFan86 said:

Just got this in the mail. First time I've ever seen it since I started collecting Caminiti

img0003qu.jpg

Who's auto is on the autographed version? I got lucky that Gwynn was the chosen one... :D
Scan_110.jpg

Scan_109.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Gwynn545 said:
PadresFan86 said:

Who's auto is on the autographed version? I got lucky that Gwynn was the chosen one... :D
Mo Vaughn :? ::facepalm::

Sweet Gwynn cards. Never seen the auto'd one before.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Added a '98 diffractor and a '99 tek gold. Somebody asked me a couple months ago for a picture of them all together, so I just took these since I pulled them all out to put the new ones in place (don't remember who you were but it was somebody in this thread)

Getting closer!

98d2.jpg

99g2.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^^^ WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the auto'ed SPx, I have the Belle who was the auto'ed version. I actually helped a McGwire collector nail one down too, so that was pretty cool.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Fandruw25 said:
PadresFan86 said:
WOW, thought for sure I would win this. I hate you to whoever won it lol :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Fleer-Ultr ... 4cffdf8046

Next time you should bid more...certain people may be bidding you up.
I'm not going to bid more than I feel comfortable bidding. I almost felt uncomfortable bidding $30.00 (didn't think it would get even close to that). I'm just glad I made the winner pay for it because it was at 6 bucks before we jumped into it.

If I lose, I lose. I bought a sick a** Tony Gwynn to make me feel better about it lol

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Why is there not a single 1997 spx grand finale for sale anywhere!? Does anyone have any available? It seems weird they are #/50 but impossible to find... :?:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
slaneyjason said:
Why is there not a single 1997 spx grand finale for sale anywhere!? Does anyone have any available? It seems weird they are #/50 but impossible to find... :?:
I have one Belle and was able to find another through Belle connections for a McGwire collector on here. Very very very tough to find but they're out there.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
mansgame said:
slaneyjason said:
I have one Belle and was able to find another through Belle connections for a McGwire collector on here. Very very very tough to find but they're out there.

Lets see the Belle!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
slaneyjason said:
mansgame said:
slaneyjason said:

Lets see the Belle!
Ask and you shall receive... This is the one I helped a McGwire collector secure (38/100). My PC has the 36/100 card. I can scan in tomorrow.
scan0004-1.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts