Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Donutme said:
I found mine ....

001.jpg

After several hours of box digging .....

Also saw this RAINBOW again so I posted it !

clemens.jpg

Did you really forget that you had that? :lol: :eek:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
predatorkj said:
Gwynn545 said:
I am surprised there wasn't more action on the 1994 Upper Deck Jumbo All-Star Golds that ended tonight. Did a Ripken really go w/out a bid @ 99 cents?

Do they normally get much action?

I would think so. They are pretty tough. I would think Ripken, Griffey would get $15-$20 any day...

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Gwynn545 said:
predatorkj said:
Gwynn545 said:
I am surprised there wasn't more action on the 1994 Upper Deck Jumbo All-Star Golds that ended tonight. Did a Ripken really go w/out a bid @ 99 cents?

Do they normally get much action?

I would think so. They are pretty tough. I would think Ripken, Griffey would get $15-$20 any day...
1994jumboASgold.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Here is an old school rainbow from 1999 Fleer Brilliants. Blue, Gold /99, & 24-Kt Gold /24:
Sorry about the crappy scans, the 24-Kt Gold card was scanned in a srewdown.

Fleer Brilliants Blue:
99FleerBrilliantsBlue103B.jpg

Fleer Brilliants Gold 98/99
99FleerBrilliantsGold103.jpg

Fleer Brilliants 24-Kt Gold 22/24
99FleerBrilliants24-KaratGold103.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
7a15b18f-7702-4311-8d19-5d2b974b2e2d.jpg

Pulled that from a box a few years ago. Ended up selling it on COMC last summer. It's crazy to think that it was still sitting in a pack after all those years!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
DeliciousBacon said:

Pulled that from a box a few years ago. Ended up selling it on COMC last summer. It's crazy to think that it was still sitting in a pack after all those years!

Man I wish I had seen that for sale!! Please don't tell me you sold it cheap - I have never even seen one of those. Don't suppose you have another one to sell me :)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
katieneack said:
DeliciousBacon said:

Man I wish I had seen that for sale!! Please don't tell me you sold it cheap - I have never even seen one of those. Don't suppose you have another one to sell me :)

I sold it significantly cheaper than I should have. After sitting in my COMC port for over 6 months, I ended up accepting a $30 offer for it. My guess is that it went to a Larkin collector; the card wasn't ever resold on COMC, so it wasn't someone buying it to flip it.

This was before I started posting here, so I have a feeling I might have been able to do better with it here. Oh well.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
DeliciousBacon said:
katieneack said:
DeliciousBacon said:

I sold it significantly cheaper than I should have. After sitting in my COMC port for over 6 months, I ended up accepting a $30 offer for it. My guess is that it went to a Larkin collector; the card wasn't ever resold on COMC, so it wasn't someone buying it to flip it.

This was before I started posting here, so I have a feeling I might have been able to do better with it here. Oh well.

It definitely would have. I probably would have gone $80-$100 on that one. Although I seem to be paying a lot more for his cards now than I ever had to before. All of hid cards are selling at new highs right now it seems.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
katieneack said:
DeliciousBacon said:
katieneack said:
DeliciousBacon said:

It definitely would have. I probably would have gone $80-$100 on that one. Although I seem to be paying a lot more for his cards now than I ever had to before. All of hid cards are selling at new highs right now it seems.

And you know why I am assuming. Might be a good time to lay low for a while. Sometimes, you have to do that. I figure ina year or so, Bagwell will have to take a back seat for me as well. At least I hope! ;)

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Did anoyone else happen to notice that Beckett just Lowered the book value on almost all of the 1999 E-X Essential Credentials Now cards? Of all the 90's inserts that should have their book values decreased, this would definitely not be one of them. Ii know book value doesn't really mean a whole lot, I just found this really strange

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Inverted ones are purttttyyyyy

Even more rare are the refractors that don't say Refractor. Anyone know if this variation exist for the atomics?

1997Invertedlot.jpg

1997bowmansBestAtomicRefractorInver.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
katieneack said:
Did anoyone else happen to notice that Beckett just Lowered the book value on almost all of the 1999 E-X Essential Credentials Now cards? Of all the 90's inserts that should have their book values decreased, this would definitely not be one of them. Ii know book value doesn't really mean a whole lot, I just found this really strange

Over the last year or so, Beckett has been slashing BVs all over the place. For a while it was all 2003-2005 inserts, now it seems that stuff from 2000 has been slashed, judging by all the price change reports I'm getting from COMC on stuff I've bought. Some of it makes sense, since you get at least 90% of all cards for 10¢ at shows, but genuinely scarce 90's sets have no business being devalued. From what I've seen, you still can't touch many of the EC Nows for under BV.

Members online