Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
more love:

MartinezPedro_1998SelectNumbers.jpg

apparently Pedro has a Select Quasar card or two, which I've never seen

I've got lots of love for that set

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Good sale! I know the buyer, so it's going to a good home. I thought the seller might be looking for a little more than that.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I was so high on getting another one of these because I was so impressed with the Ripken. The Ripken was on thick stock and the finish on the card was incredibly smooth. It was fun to touch. But this Lofton is thin - as thin as a base Collector's Choice card. And the finish is smooth, just nothing quite like the Ripken. I thought it was interesting that two cards from the same insert set with such low production could be this different in thickness. But one great thing about the Lofton is NO print lines!

KennyLoftonMirrorGold.jpg
RipkenMirrorGold.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was so high on getting another one of these because I was so impressed with the Ripken. The Ripken was on thick stock and the finish on the card was incredibly smooth. It was fun to touch. But this Lofton is thin - as thin as a base Collector's Choice card. And the finish is smooth, just nothing quite like the Ripken. I thought it was interesting that two cards from the same insert set with such low production could be this different in thickness. But one great thing about the Lofton is NO print lines!

KennyLoftonMirrorGold.jpg
RipkenMirrorGold.jpg

Interesting observation... makes me want to go check my Belles... Anyways, that card looks so sharp and is one of my favs in the 90s! Congrats, really nice 90s insert.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Nice! I only managed to get one of the 3 crusades I needed that historic day, but fortunately connected with the guy that bought the other two (via FCB).

I dont' think all players had samples listed that day, so fingers crossed that there is another dump in the near future

Yup. I keep hearing about that historic day when these were posted on COMC lol Just glad these made it to their rightful home.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yup. I keep hearing about that historic day when these were posted on COMC lol Just glad these made it to their rightful home.

Very historic day and I caught teeth missing out on the Belles.... still in the hands of a board member (and on eBay)... maybe one day they'll find there way home ;)

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Funny thing is that these weren't for sale. I think I bugged him enough though :lol:

I see the Belle cards on Ebay. Doesn't seem like to bad a deal if he would come down a lil bit which I'm sure he would.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I missed out on my player too guys. I was late to the party, snagged a few, have sold most, but the Clark's that were on there were nabbed by a fellow FCB'er and later sold off to a good home, just not my home :(

Oh, and yes, I have lots of random stuff on ebay, a lot more than just cards. I've sold Nerf Turbo Football's for $80 and Vintage Iron Maiden T Shirts for $200. If it's worth something, I've probably sold it . . . including Tech N9ne :p

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Good sale! I know the buyer, so it's going to a good home. I thought the seller might be looking for a little more than that.

A fellow board member? I know where the other 3 known copies are at.....just interested to see where #4 is. I made him a pretty good offer just north of $1k, and he countered back at the $1,500 he sold it for. Would have paid it if I didn't have one already. Any idea on how he came across a set??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts