Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
no love for this one??
98raul.jpg

98raulx.jpg

Of course, it is one of my top 3 Mondesi cards, courtesy of the magic man himself!! Thanks again, love this card!!

MondesiSelectQuasarlevel1.jpg

Picked this up off of Clarkfan on ebay a while later..

Mondesi98Select.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Hit up one of my locals yesterday, and had an awesome score. There were some boxes piled by the door, just stuffed with random cards in no real order. Another dealer who repackages bulk junk cards was coming by to pick them up, but the guy at the store let me poke through before he grabbed them. Pulled a big stack, at least 100 cards, and he says "how's $5?" So for about a nickel each, I got these bad boys:

img587.jpg

img588.jpg

Mirror Blue Grace (too bad it's Mike, and not Mark!), Mark Grace Club edition, and my minor obsession, a 10 point Rolen Diamond Ink card (I can never find anything but 1 point cards). Ended up with tons of 1994-96 Collector's Choice Silvers as well. What's more fun than boxes of junk???

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hit up one of my locals yesterday, and had an awesome score. There were some boxes piled by the door, just stuffed with random cards in no real order. Another dealer who repackages bulk junk cards was coming by to pick them up, but the guy at the store let me poke through before he grabbed them. Pulled a big stack, at least 100 cards, and he says "how's $5?" So for about a nickel each, I got these bad boys:

img587.jpg

img588.jpg

Mirror Blue Grace (too bad it's Mike, and not Mark!), Mark Grace Club edition, and my minor obsession, a 10 point Rolen Diamond Ink card (I can never find anything but 1 point cards). Ended up with tons of 1994-96 Collector's Choice Silvers as well. What's more fun than boxes of junk???

Wrong thread...;)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Got my 3rd Griffey Diffractor! My goal is to get 9 and fill up a binder page.

GriffeyDiffractorP84.jpg

I've been following the market for about a year now. In that time I think I've seen four (correctly titled) go at auction. It went from $30-something, to $40-something, to $50-something, and now back down to $30-something.

The fact that the auction ended during the afternoon probably didn't hurt. I wonder how much of an issue that is now with sniping. Thanks again to whomever recommended gixen. I'm using it regularly now with no hiccups.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

GriffeyDiffractorP84.jpg

I've been following the market for about a year now. In that time I think I've seen four (correctly titled) go at auction. It went from $30-something, to $40-something, to $50-something, and now back down to $30-something.

The fact that the auction ended during the afternoon probably didn't help. I wonder how much of an issue that is now with sniping. Thanks again to whomever recommended gixen. I'm using it regularly now with no hiccups.

Wow, nice! I only have 3 Belles (plus one double::facepalm::), so you are doing really WELL.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Man- That is seems like a steal at that price - Awesome find!! As extensive as my Larkin collection is, I stil have ZERO diffractors so you are doing very well :) The last Larkin I saw on Ebay went over $35. If anyone wants to help me out with some Larkin diffractors, I will pay $30/each.

GriffeyDiffractorP84.jpg

The fact that the auction ended during the afternoon probably didn't hurt. I wonder how much of an issue that is now with sniping. Thanks again to whomever recommended gixen. I'm using it regularly now with no hiccups.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I found a card that was not on my Alex Rodriguez checklist so I wanted to let you know one may exist if you do not have one already. My checklist from 1997 has a Collectors Choice Big Shots and a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature but it did not have a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature Jumbo. I may be behind the times but if I am not good luck finding your guy.