Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1999ToppsFinestSterlingGoldRefracto.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I found a card that was not on my Alex Rodriguez checklist so I wanted to let you know one may exist if you do not have one already. My checklist from 1997 has a Collectors Choice Big Shots and a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature but it did not have a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature Jumbo. I may be behind the times but if I am not good luck finding your guy.

Never heard of a Griffey. I think you may have scored? Can you scan it so we can see it?

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Some New Pickups this week:
1995 Score Gold Rush Redeemed (Thanks to gradedeflator)
95ScoreGoldRushRedeemed254BarryLarkin.jpg

1996 Leaf Preferred Gold Promos
96LeafPreferredSteelGoldPromos69BarryLarkinBack.jpg

First Pitch Preview and Interleague Preview Sample (From Clarkfan)
96PinnacleAficionadoFirstPitchPreview38BarryLarkin-1.jpg

96SelectCertifiedInterleaguePreviewS24SAMPLEAlbertBelle-BarryLarkin.jpg

1998 Donruss Collections Samples
98DonrussCollectionsSamples20BarryLarkin.jpg

98DonrussCollectionsSamples20BarryLarkinBack.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
What are those Bagwells? They're cool.

[h=3]Metal Works[/h] This 20-"card" set of solid metal ingots were available two ways. 1) Each Home Plate box contained one solid bronze ingot. 2) Redemption cards for silver-plated and gold-plated ingots were randomly inserted into packs and Master Decks. Only 400 Silver and 200 Gold Metal Works ingots were produced and each is serial-numbered.
Although the exchange cards indicate the color of the ingot, there is no mention of which player the bearer would receive. (You basically got whomever Pinnacle Brands sent you.)
1 Jose Guillen
2 Vladimir Guerrero
3 Andruw Jones
4 Larry Walker
5 Manny Ramirez
6 Ken Griffey, Jr.
7 Alex Rodriguez
8 Frank Thomas
9 Juan Gonzalez
10 Ivan Rodriguez
11 Hideo Nomo
12 Rafael Palmeiro
13 Dave Nilsson
14 Nomar Garciaparra
15 Wilton Guerrero
16 Sammy Sosa
17 Edgar Renteria
18 Cal Ripken, Jr.
19 Derek Jeter
20 Rey Ordonez
metalback.jpg

Last edited:

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I found a card that was not on my Alex Rodriguez checklist so I wanted to let you know one may exist if you do not have one already. My checklist from 1997 has a Collectors Choice Big Shots and a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature but it did not have a Collectors Choice Big Shots Gold Signature Jumbo. I may be behind the times but if I am not good luck finding your guy.

This is the only Jumbo Gold Signature I have left (they did jumbos for the whole set -- they were one per Blaster box at wal-mart):

mo.jpg

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I love these 1 per box jumbos that never show up? Either the stated odds are wrong or people don't want to sell
them because of their size? Thanks for showing me one. I want a Griffey now because that is my favorite non
game action card of his...

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Anyone here get in on the sealed boxes of 98 Topps Tek? They were listed for $120 or BO. One person got a box on a best offer and the other two sold at $120. That's just too rich for my blood!

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I love these 1 per box jumbos that never show up? Either the stated odds are wrong or people don't want to sell
them because of their size? Thanks for showing me one. I want a Griffey now because that is my favorite non
game action card of his...

I would have bought all three of them but someone already beat me to the punch.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Anyone here get in on the sealed boxes of 98 Topps Tek? They were listed for $120 or BO. One person got a box on a best offer and the other two sold at $120. That's just too rich for my blood!
Saw them actually last night. Too rich for my blood and didn't even know what to offer lol. They were gone this morning... Went fast. Wouldn't be surprised if someone here snatched them up or if they'll be flipped on eBay

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Actually I found it on COMC believe it or not. I happened to be on there right when someone listed quite a few of them. I picked it up for only $5.00!! Not sure which other players he had because they were gone almost immediately after being listed.

Those are real tough Kyle! I've tried putting together that set. Still need a ton including Will Clark. Was that an ebay find? I usually search for those specifically so just wondering if I missed it.

Members online

Latest posts