Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
I love those Diamond Soul cards.

McGwireDiamondSoul.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Damn. I was following this, was too lazy to set a snipe, and then forgot about it.

The last two sold for $425 (graded PSA 8 - bet they are feeling dumb), $175, and then this one.

What cost it some bidders is that its picture didn't get loaded until two days left in the auction. So probably a lot of people missed it when it was a new listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...SFCkoegr8JX82W6BA1aGY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Damn. I was following this, was too lazy to set a snipe, and then forgot about it.

The last two sold for $425 (graded PSA 8 - bet they are feeling dumb), $175, and then this one.

What cost it some bidders is that its picture didn't get loaded until two days left in the auction. So probably a lot of people missed it when it was a new listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3f17076d24&item=270969302308&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=t6BPuLSFCkoegr8JX82W6BA1aGY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Wow! You should of tossed a snipe out there just in case lol

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Actually I found it on COMC believe it or not. I happened to be on there right when someone listed quite a few of them. I picked it up for only $5.00!! Not sure which other players he had because they were gone almost immediately after being listed.

Do you have the sample card in this pic?

2012-02-12_09-07-35_959.jpg

Just stumbled upon it in a trader's pics and can try to grab it if it is needed. I have no idea how common it is.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Is there a difference between those cards and what Beckett calls the Jumbo Proofs - http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1991/stadium-club-jumbo-proofs/

I picked up an Olerud "Oversized Proof" as it was called many years ago an have always wondered about it's authenticity. From www.basecardpedia.com: Press Proofs: These cards, which measure 2.75x3.75 inches, are missing the Stadium Club logo and UV coating. It appears that these cards were distributed directly from Topps via the Topps Vault program. It appears that every card in the set was produced, however the print run is uncertain at this time. I'm pretty sure I bought my Olerud before Topps started selling thing via Topps Vault, so what have probably isn't one of these.

I also recall reading about "proofs" on an oddball website a couple of years ago and I can't seem to find the site again. It said that certain cards from the set were issued as "oversized proofs", and they are definitely NOT the promos that have the '86 Topps Canseco pictured on the backs. It didn't say how they were distributed though. www.oddball-mall.com has "Stadium Club Proofs" for sale, but only #'s 300 to 600.

Anyone else have info on these cards?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3f17076d24&item=270969302308&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=t6BPuLSFCkoegr8JX82W6BA1aGY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Oh now I remember why I collect the players that I do!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Oh now I remember why I collect the players that I do!

It's getting harder and harder to find Cruz stuff I need.
JoseCruzJr1997BowmanChromeInternationalRefractor122PSA905108508Front.jpg
JoseCruzJr1997BowmanChromeInternationalRefractor122PSA905108508Rear.jpg
First, sweet card! Did you have this non-graded before? Otherwise, I use to know the feeling of having trouble finding cardboard I still needed for Belle but then they reintroduced him to the hobby after 10 years of being on the shelf lol

Members online