Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Post Reported. There is a transaction board for a reason. Please use it next time.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not be hasty. Yeah, the post could have been a link to the list somewhere but let's not scare away someone looking to unload 90's inserts on player/set collectors! I don't think any of us are on dial-up and it isn't any worse than multi quoting 20 scans lol (which I believe the new software graciously eliminates!)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not be hasty. Yeah, the post could have been a link to the list somewhere but let's not scare away someone looking to unload 90's inserts on player/set collectors! I don't think any of us are on dial-up and it isn't any worse than multi quoting 20 scans lol (which I believe the new software graciously eliminates!)
I'm on Dial Up :rolleyes:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
A Maddux recently sold $450 and I just moved a Thomas in this range. Maybe not a steal but a really great price for the buyer imho.

ah................. well I'd hate to Reveal this Steal:lol::shock::eek::rolleyes:;-)
97embfront.jpg

97embback.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Anyone shed some light on the 1998 CC Crash the Game? Belle has three (A, B and C) which all have dates associated like July 3-5, etc. BUT then there is an Exchange and then a WIN? I have what I think is the WIN and the. The respective date cards but can't find the exchange card. COMC has both but the exchange card looks like the Aug. 21-23 card? Here is a scan of what I've got...

a3820896.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Crash the Game[/h] These 90 different game cards were randomly seed at a rate of 1:5 exclusively into second series packs. Thirty different sluggers were each featured on three different cards, with one of three different game dates printed on front. If the featured player hit a home run during the series specified on the card front, the collector could mail the card in prior to the December 1st, 1998 deadline for a special upgraded Crash the Game Exchange card of their player.
[h=4]Instant Winners[/h] Randomly seeded at a rate of 1:721 Series Two packs, these thirty different cards could be exchanged prior to the December 1st, 1998 deadline for a complete 30-card set of upgraded Crash the Game inserts. Instant Win cards are very similar in design to the far more common Crash the Game cards also inserted in second series packs. The big difference is the special "Instant Win" logo on the card front that replaces the game dates.
It's important to note, that several of the thirty upgraded Crash cards (those players that lost all three times on their basic game dates) received in exchange for these Instant Win cards were available only through this method, creating some very tough short print cards within the Crash the Game Exchange set for a temporary period of time.
Unfortunately, in late 2003, a large volume of these sets appeared on the secondary market, decimating the previously established value of these once tough parallel insert cards.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
do all of your Belle's have contest information on the back and an area for you to write in your personal info? usually with the CC's the exchange cards are redeemed for a set and that set has a bio on the back of each card. I don't know for sure if they kept that format for 98 but the other years that my guy is in thats how it worked.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
do all of your Belle's have contest information on the back and an area for you to write in your personal info? usually with the CC's the exchange cards are redeemed for a set and that set has a bio on the back of each card. I don't know for sure if they kept that format for 98 but the other years that my guy is in thats how it worked.
Only the three ones on the right do. The WIN has a regular card back. Part of me thinks the "exchange" card is essentially the card on the right which was sent in because it was the time period he hit a HR? This is all I can think of. Essentially making it two cards on my checklist.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure Any Winning Card sent in received the same complete 30-card set of upgraded Crash the Game inserts.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Anyone shed some light on the 1998 CC Crash the Game? Belle has three (A, B and C) which all have dates associated like July 3-5, etc. BUT then there is an Exchange and then a WIN? I have what I think is the WIN and the. The respective date cards but can't find the exchange card. COMC has both but the exchange card looks like the Aug. 21-23 card? Here is a scan of what I've got...

Here you go Mac. The 30 card redeemed set has a foil texture to it. Still says WIN on it, which I've seen sellers call the Instant Winner over the years, but it's not. Set isn't to hard to come by. All winners received the same 30 card set like magic said above.

l.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Hey Mac. Does your "WIN" card on the left have foil on it? That one should say "INSTANT WIN" if it's the instant winner, at least most of them do. Your scan looks just like the others. Is it a non foil error/variation? Here is an instant winner:

l.jpg

Reverse:

l.jpg

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I don't know for sure with the 98 if they had an instant winner exchange card which got you the complete set without having to see if your players cards were winners during hte specific dates listed. I know in 97 this was the way it was done as I have the instant winner and the exchanged card from the complete set and they are different pictures completely.

Instant winner
JoseCansecoPC219.jpg

Exchange set
JoseCansecoPC105.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hey Mac. Does your "WIN" card on the left have foil on it? That one should say "INSTANT WIN" if it's the instant winner, at least most of them do. Your scan looks just like the others. Is it a non foil error/variation? Here is an instant winner:

l.jpg

Reverse:

l.jpg

Mine does have the foil like finish but does NOT have the word "instant" to the left like yours shown here does. The back also doesn't look like this but actually looks more like a normal card. It is exactly this...

7fbdeee4-e693-4be6-969e-4e6113ce4794.jpg

7fbdeee4-e693-4be6-969e-4e6113ce4794.jpg

Members online

Latest posts