Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008

IMG_20111127_091146.jpg

Bragger :)

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I practically gave most of those away a while back to board members. When board member player collectors didn't snatch them up I put them on ebay and sold most of them.

Did we ever figure out if these had cards in them when Donruss handed them out at Fanfest? Also did we ever figure out how and who these things were given to? I would love to know the quantity produced.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
What exactly are you referring to?
(Please Note: I apologize if that seems like a stupid question, but I have only been a member for a couple of months.)

I practically gave most of those away a while back to board members. When board member player collectors didn't snatch them up I put them on ebay and sold most of them.

Did we ever figure out if these had cards in them when Donruss handed them out at Fanfest? Also did we ever figure out how and who these things were given to? I would love to know the quantity produced.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

Really? There were player collectors here that didn't scoop these up!?? I am grateful that I got mine from you... I think there are some player collectors that don't appreciate these as collectible.
I would love to learn more about these, too!
Sent from my Nintendo DS using Super Mario Tap: Bowser's Revenge

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Really? There were player collectors here that didn't scoop these up!?? I am grateful that I got mine from you... I think there are some player collectors that don't appreciate these as collectible.
I never snagged one of these from him (wish ya had one of Belle) but he generously helped me nail down the large tin gold box a while back. I'm still searching for some A-Rod items to send in return... Great board member.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Think he is referring to the 97 fanfest tins

OK - Thanks for Clarifying that for me.

I have a question for all of you 90's experts, since you guys seem to know everything :) (And I am not kidding - my knowledge has grown exponentially since joining this site, and I appreciate all the insight you guys have shared with me!)

Anyways, I picked up my first one of these the other day:
99FrozsnacksHighScreamersLidBarryLarkin-OrangeTopBottom.jpg

This one has an orange top. I have heard before that there is more than one version of these, where they will have different color tops on them. Can anyone confirm this and provide any insight on the number of versions and what other colors exist?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=4]Tin Packs[/h] Each five-card Hobby and retail pack came packaged in one of 25 collectible tins, and are available in the following versions.

• Blue

• Gold (numbered to 1200, Hobby only)

• Fanfest Edition
Note: The Fanfest Edition tins were distributed exclusively to dealers who setup at the 1997 All-Star Game Fanfest (sponsored by Pinnacle Brands) in Cleveland. The Fanfest Edition tins are identical to the standard Blue tins, except that the Donruss logo is in gold ink.
[h=4]Tin Boxes[/h] Each 24-tin Hobby box was packaged in one of 25 oversized tins, which parallel the smaller tin packs and are available in the following versions.

• Blue (serial-numbered to 1200 lids)

• Gold (serial-numbered to 299 lids)
A few months after the initial release, Donruss issued an additional supply of '97 Donruss Preferred exclusive to Hobby accounts. Everything regarding this second "wave" of Preferred product was identical to the first, except the lids of the tin Hobby boxes had gold borders (as opposed to blue). All "Gold Tin Boxes" are serial-numbered to 299 lids.
The retail version of 1997 Donruss Preferred was packaged in a plain corrugated cardboard box, with 24 blister-carded tins per box. Unlike The Hobby version, Donruss Preferred did not sell very well at the retail level. It is believed that the leftover retail tins were repackaged for the Gold Hobby edition.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
OK - Thanks for Clarifying that for me.

I have a question for all of you 90's experts, since you guys seem to know everything :) (And I am not kidding - my knowledge has grown exponentially since joining this site, and I appreciate all the insight you guys have shared with me!)

Anyways, I picked up my first one of these the other day:
99FrozsnacksHighScreamersLidBarryLarkin-OrangeTopBottom.jpg

This one has an orange top. I have heard before that there is more than one version of these, where they will have different color tops on them. Can anyone confirm this and provide any insight on the number of versions and what other colors exist?

99_High_Screamers_Ad.jpg

99_FroZsnacks_Lids_Group.jpg

The three color tops are green, orange, and blue. The inside sticker is the same for all three outside colors.

Last edited:

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
[/QUOTE]The three color tops are green, orange, and blue. The inside sticker is the same for all three outside colors.[/QUOTE]

Be8el0ve - Thanks for the info - it is much appreciated. By the way - I follow you on Photobucket and your Derek Jeter collection absolutely blows my mind!! My jaw drops every time I get updates saying that you have new uploads. Absolutely Incredible!!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Recent COMC snags.

That Matt Williams is nice! Wish I would have caught that! :mrgreen:

Are you putting that set together? That's a monumental challenge right there! Only have one of those myself, a Todd Dunwoody that was masquerading as a base Collections Preferred on COMC. I don't collect him, but it was a nice pickup for $1 (I just can't get the people at COMC to list it properly so I can sell the damn thing!)!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
guys prices are whacked out to say the least.. I need the Canseco but I don't care about graded cards and would be in the $30 range and thats it on it.. he quoted me like 50 or 60 before he went and listed it at this crazy 125/BO. Maybe some idiot will step up big on it but not me and its one of very few 1996 cards I still need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts